Getting Started: RigPi Backup #quick-start

Bob

Edited

Hello All,

This is the first in a series of getting started posts for the Wiki or whatever.

One of the MOST IMPORTANT things we do not do is backup our data.  The RigPi SD card really does need to be backed up.  The procedure is very simple.

First purchase a MicroSD card and a USB card reader.  I got mine at Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-usb-3-0-memory-card-reader/5787406.p?skuId=5787406
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-32gb-microsdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/6346822.p?skuId=6346822

The process is simple.  Put the card in the reader, insert the reader in the Pi and run the SD Copy program.  Be sure to label the card when you are finished.

Watch the attached video to see the process in action!

--
73 KE9A