2019 Hamvention

Wow!  My weekend at this year’s Hamvention blew me away.  I never expected the kind of interest shown by all who stopped by the MFJ booth.  It was great seeing many of you from here on the forum, a number of Beta testers, and meeting many new folks!

There were a number of interviews throughout the weekend to help spread the word.  Ham Radio Concepts interview on Thursday is on YouTube (search for RigPi).  I just looked and there have been over 10,000 views so far!  Martin Jue (MFJ) and I went to Tom, W5KUB’s booth on Friday and chatted about everything from RigPi to stories from the good old days.  Martin has many great stories to tell!  I’m sure Tom will be sharing that video with us.

One feature requested more than any other was for remote paddle CW operation.  I was surprised how much that question came up.  Needless to say, that feature is now at the top of my to-do list.  There are a number of challenges that have to be overcome, but I believe we can do it!

Many also requested more remote control switching to turn other devices on and off or provide generic function control.  Martin and I have talked about several ways to accomplish that, so stay tuned.

I also want to thank Martin and the rest of the MFJ folks for their high energy efforts in the MFJ booths answering questions, selling goodies, and helping me show off RigPi.  You only have to spend a few minutes with Martin to experience true Southern Hospitality, caps intended!

I am visiting family in Ohio for several days and will return home to California later this week.