First Run Experience #mfj-1234 #ic-7300 #quick-start

Bob

All,

The nice postman delivered my order today so I have the RigPi in house!

I hooked it up to my 27in 4K display and a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard and mouse.  I am using Ethernet for networking.  My radio is an Icom IC-7300.

The MFJ-1234 quick start guide is OK but I did need to read the groups.io pages about the IC-7300. Without that I would have been STUCK!  Thanks to all who have gone before me.

The Quickstart worked ok but I would HIGHLY suggest that part of the process should be an update check before configuration.  After following the directions from the IC-7300 thread the radio would still not connect.  About 5 minutes into reading and started the debugging process the RigPI told me there was an update.  POOF things are working locally.

On my iMAC the RigPi.local worked first time.   So many things to test..

Mumble
WSJT-X
PiTunnel

I want to see if the basic logging in RigPi is "good enough"

--
73 KE9A