Re: Got my RigPi working


Larry
 

Hello,

During my testing of different radios I found that Hamlib always
defaults to the highest baud rate that the radio supports rather than
the factory default baud rate; therefore, always make sure to set the
CAT interface on the radio to the highest speed.

73,

Larry
K0LEJ

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 1:07 PM Manuel Maseda <mmaseda@gte.net> wrote:

Well after only about an hour of trying I got my Rigpi working. Tested on both Android and IOS. I elected to start with my Icom R-72 receiver first. Everything worked using the instruction in the RigPi help file. The only problem I ran across was the default baud rate in Hamlib for the R-72 receiver was 9600 while the actual default in the radio was 1200. I just followed the troubleshooting procedures in the help file and got it working. Tomorrow I’ll try and set up my Icom 7100. One thing I also did that was very helpful was download a 30 day free trial version of Ham Radio Deluxe for Windows. This allowed me to verify my USB interface cable to the radio was working and insure I knew the proper baud rate and CI-V address configured in the radio.

Manuel W4SSB

Join RigPi@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.