To access the rigpi from outside your home network, you will need to open the port on your home router to the local ip address that rigpi has.  Plus you will need to know your public ip address.   You can get that by typing "whats my ip" in a google search and you can find your public ip.  Public IP address stay with you for up to months and months sometimes, but if your router rebooted etc, you may get a different public ip address.   the best way is to pay or find a free service that will always know your public ip even if it changes.  for example i use dyndns.org.      my address is now w5kub.dyndns.org     dyndns knows if your ip changes and it assigns the new address to your address such as w5kub.dyndns.org
Tom W5KUB

Host of live ham show called Amateur Radio Roundtable every Tues night at 8:00 PM central. All shows are recorded and can be watched at any time on on our website. Our audio is also simulcast on international shortwave on 5130 Khz.   We are also on every podcast carrier if you are looking for an audio version of our program.

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 1:36 PM HH Brakob <kzerohb@...> wrote:
Does rigpi require a stable IP address?

I would love to operate my home station from my snowbird RV in Arizona.

73, de Hans, KØHB
“Just a Boy and his Radio”

From: rigpi@groups.io on behalf of Howard Nurse <hlnurse@...>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 6:14 PM
To: rigpi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] Apache-Labs - 100D connection to PC

Hi Mike,

You can connect to any radio on the Internet, so long as it can be accessed through an IP and a port.  In Radio Settings, use the normal radio Manuf and Model.  In the port box put 192.168.1.xx:nnnn.  Substitute the radio IP and the radio port.  (If the radio is off site you will have to set up port forwarding in your router.)

If each slice has its own Port you can open as many slices as you want through their own browsers, until the RSS starts to choke.  It would be cool to try that!

--Howard