Re: yaesu ft-891 #mfj-1234

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Excellent!  In case you run into this again, Hamlib normally uses the highest Baud rate listed for a radio when you use 'Default.'  According to the Radio Capabilities you can show in the Advanced Radio settings window, the Baud rate can be set from 4800 to 38400.  Since you had your radio working, either the RigPi setting for Baud changed to Default or something must have changed the Baud rate in the radio to 4800.  (I have seen the Hamlib default NOT use the maximum in a few cases.)

Have you set up your router so you can use VNC to open the Raspberry Pi Desktop while away from home?  If so, I can log in and take a look at your audio settings.  Please send your VNC sign in info and WAN IP to me by private email.