Re: SD card backup process

Michael Young

Garry, this works well and as Harold sez no need to remove the sd card.   I’ve used it several times on my RigPi during beta test!

Have Fun!

73
Mike
WB8CXO

On May 17, 2019, at 4:55 PM, Harold Rosee <wa5zzt@...> wrote:

Garry,

There is a copy command in the RigPi server.   It’s in the menu.

You need a USB card reader/writer that you plug into a usb slot on the RigPi’s.  No need to open the RigPi’s up.   Just start the command and it will copy the S.C. card to the one you plugged in the USB port.

Howard just showed me this.  I hope I was clear.  If not ask away.

Harold

On May 17, 2019, at 4:20 PM, Garry Decker <K9WHF@...> wrote:

Manuel:
I just bought a RigPi. I can’t find any software for set up on either the RigPi or my iPhone.
I am sorry not to answer your question. I have a RSP3 for my DVAP and my friend and I made several cards in case of a crash, but I do not think we copied the original commander card, we just made another from the Linux download.
This is a great question that Howard Nurse hopefully will answer.
Would you share your commissioning of the RigPi experience for me please?
Thank you Sir,
Garry
W9WHF

On May 17, 2019, at 2:53 PM, Manuel Maseda <mmaseda@...> wrote:

Just got my RigPi.  Can someone suggest the best method for making a backup copy of the SD card in case it get corrupted?

Manuel W4SSB