Re: Apache-Labs - 100D connection to PC

WA8KHP -

Yes, you will need a DDNS service and a static IP address for RSS RigPi on UR router.  If U are lucky UR ISP might not change UR IP web address or give U a very long lease time.   Check out the RigPi.net/help for more information.

David + WA8KHP

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019, 2:36 PM HH Brakob <kzerohb@...> wrote:
Does rigpi require a stable IP address?  

I would love to operate my home station from my snowbird RV in Arizona.

73, de Hans, KØHB
“Just a Boy and his Radio”

From: rigpi@groups.io on behalf of Howard Nurse <hlnurse@...>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 6:14 PM
To: rigpi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] Apache-Labs - 100D connection to PC

Hi Mike,

You can connect to any radio on the Internet, so long as it can be accessed through an IP and a port.  In Radio Settings, use the normal radio Manuf and Model.  In the port box put 192.168.1.xx:nnnn.  Substitute the radio IP and the radio port.  (If the radio is off site you will have to set up port forwarding in your router.)

If each slice has its own Port you can open as many slices as you want through their own browsers, until the RSS starts to choke.  It would be cool to try that!

--Howard

From: RigPi@groups.io [mailto:RigPi@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Young
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 2:02 PM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] Apache-Labs - 100D connection to PC

Howard, I have a Flex 6000 series radio...  can you elaborate on how to use tcp to connect to the RigPi.   Do you use a port or something?  Thanks, Mike, WB8CXO

On Apr 19, 2019, at 4:25 PM, Howard Nurse <hlnurse@...> wrote:

Hi David,

Welcome to the RigPi Group!

I suspect the answer is to use a TCP connection to the radio rather than a USB port.  None of the Beta team has a Flex as far as I know, but you can connect RigPi to a TCP/Port just as easily as to a COM port.

--Howard

Join RigPi@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.