Re: Using GPIO's to turn on other things

Clint Chron

A Belkin Wemo device also works very good for controlling the system.  I have the Wemo app installed on my cell phone.  My Astron power supply and Pi power supply are plugged into the Wemo.  I have two Dow Key 12 volt DC antenna relays attached to the HF and VHF/UHF antenna jacks on my IC-7100.  When I power down the system, the two relays are de-energized, disconnecting the relay antenna jack from the 7100’s antenna jacks and also shorting the HF and VHF/UHF antennas to ground.

Here is the process I use for powering up the system:

From Wemo app on my cell phone, turn on Wemo device.

                The Astron power supply and the Pi power supply are energized.   The Pi boots up.

                The two Dow Key relays are energized, thus connecting the antennas to the 7100s antenna jacks

From RigPi app, power on my IC-7100

From the RigPi app, connect to my IC-7100

Here is the process that I use for powering down the system:

From the RigPi app, disconnect the IC-7100

From the RigPi app, power down the IC-7100

From the RigPi app, shutdown the Pi

Wait about 30 seconds and use Wemo app to turn off Wemo device

Astron power supply is turned off

Two Dow Key antenna relays are de-energized

All equipment is now turned off, except for AC power to the Wemo device.

73

Clint

W7KEC