sticky Re: Can I share the RigPi image with a friend?

Clint Chron

Hi Richard,

The two minute time is based upon the actual time for installing/removing SD card and kicking off the backup/burn process.    I use the Win32 Disk Imager app.

On my Windows 10 PC, it takes about 14 minutes to make a copy of the SD card and about 20 minutes to burn a SD card.  Thus someone could be doing other things while the application is copying/burning the SD card.

There are a number of solutions for writing multiple SD cards at the same time.

https://twocanoes.com/creating-8-sd-cards-at-once-with-sd-clone/

With this type of solution, one could make about 192 RigPi SD cards over an 8 hour period and the actual operator time would be less than 30 minutes.  I would think that 192 SD cards would satisfy the current demand, including the orders that are on back-order.

73

Clint

W7KEC