sticky Re: Can I share the RigPi image with a friend?

Clint Chron

Hi Ron,

I agree that the MFJ SD Card is well worth the $40 price.  However, a number of people keep reporting that the SD card is on 30 day back-order from MFJ.  And that 30 day window appears to be continually pushed back.  Since there are no unique hardware components to the card, I am having a very hard time in understanding why the card is so difficult to get.  I understand that the demand for the complete MFJ-1234 system is high, but as I have stated before, it only takes less than 2 minutes of someone’s time to burn a new SD card – and that assumes that the process is not automated.

My guess is that MFJ wants to discourage end-users from purchasing the SD Card so that they will be pushed into buying the $150 or $299 system.

I would be interested to know how many people have actually ordered and received the SD card from either MFJ, Gigaparts, HRO, etc.

In the past, I have had to cancel orders to MFJ because the particular hardware item was in continual backorder.  And the part was going to stay in backorder because of very minimal demand.

73

Clint

W7KEC