Re: Apache-Labs - 100D connection to PC

Michael Young

Howard, sdrcat allows the user to map the radio serial data control to tcp.   All of the slices (equivalent to a receiver) the radio supports can be mapped   I’m wondering how to set up the RigPi for tcp.

Flex 6000 owners for the most part would rather use Smartlink and a SDR client but RigPi could be a good backup, I guess.

If there is a tcp VCP that would work for SDR’s that must be run from a pc.

Mike
WB8CXO

On Apr 19, 2019, at 5:02 PM, Mike <wb8cxo@...> wrote:

Howard, I have a Flex 6000 series radio...  can you elaborate on how to use tcp to connect to the RigPi.   Do you use a port or something?  Thanks, Mike, WB8CXO

On Apr 19, 2019, at 4:25 PM, Howard Nurse <hlnurse@...> wrote:

Hi David,

Welcome to the RigPi Group!

I suspect the answer is to use a TCP connection to the radio rather than a USB port.  None of the Beta team has a Flex as far as I know, but you can connect RigPi to a TCP/Port just as easily as to a COM port.