Re: Installing RigPi on Icom IC-7100 and IC-7300 Radios

Clint Chron

Hi Mike,

It will be interesting to see if the instructions work for you.

At my cabin, I use two Dow Key 12 VDC relays with my IC-7100.  The HF antenna goes through one relay and the VHF/UHF antenna goes through the 2nd relay.  The relays are powered from my Astron power supply.  I use a Belkin Wemo device to control AC power to the power supply.  So with the AC power off, the relays are powered off and the two antennas are connected to ground through the relays.  I control the Wemo switch over the Internet via an app on my cell phone.

Clint

W7KEC

From: RigPi@groups.io [mailto:RigPi@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike K0JTA
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:54 AM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] Installing RigPi on Icom IC-7100 and IC-7300 Radios

Clint;

WONDERFUL!!!

Wow, what a nice piece of work you have accomplished!  I am still waiting for my back-ordered RigPI SD card, which I have ordered from MFJ.  (By the way, I was pleased to see that MFJ has a very reasonable shipping fee, only $4 for the SD card. (Others have a ten or so dollar need...)

So, once I actually get my SD card, I will be able to "proof read" your procedure when I set up an IC-7300 with the RigPI/Raspberry PI 3B+ collection!    As a small point of interest: -I now have my IC-7300 powering a small (BNC) Dow-Key antenna switch, which will allow complete isolation of the radio and antenna; -When I turn the radio ON, it switches the antenna to the radio...

Thank you VERY MUCH for your efforts, Clint!    73 from Mike, K0JTA

Join RigPi@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.