Re: Supported Browsers for RigPi

Clint Chron

Hi Ben,

The problem is not there all the time.  Sometimes I can open RigPi with the IE browser and everything works fine.  At other times, I open RigPi and have big frequency jumps with each scroll click of the mouse wheel.  Usually after about 10 – 15 minutes, the problem goes away.  The Chrome browser always seems to work OK.

Clint

W7KEC

From: RigPi@groups.io [mailto:RigPi@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ben
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 2:44 PM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] Supported Browsers for RigPi

There may be a setting on the mouse that may be doing that on your computer. In the mouse settings check the wheel settings to see if there is a setting to select multiple lines. I am not seeing the multiple steps on my Windows 7 machine on IE11 or Chrome and my mouse (not Logitech) is set for 3 lines a detent.

Reuben Stapp "Ben"

KB5ZO

Product Development Engineer

MFJ Enterprises, Inc.

662-323-5869

From: RigPi@groups.io [mailto:RigPi@groups.io] On Behalf Of Clint Chron
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:08 AM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: [RigPi] Supported Browsers for RigPi

I am running RigPi on my Windows 10 PC.  In the Tuner function, changing the frequency using the VFO knob works very good with the Edge browser, IE 11, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.  However, using the VFO frequency display on the left of the GUI does not work good with the Edge browser or IE 11. 
Example:  My display is showing 7.228.000.  If I left click on the Khz digit 8, I can move the frequency up and down using the scroll wheel on my Logitech mouse.  I should be able to change the 8 one digit at a time - 9, 0, 1, etc., but the slightest movement of the scroll wheel changes multiple digits.  So my reading of 7.228.000 might go to 7.167.000.  The amount of frequency change is different for each movement of the scroll wheel.  With Chrome and Firefox, the frequency changes one digit at a time 7.227.000, 7.226.000. 7.225.000 etc or 7.229.000, 7,230.000, 7.231.000, etc. depending upon which direction I move the scroll wheel.

I have also noticed issues with IE 11 when doing the initial setup of Express User and Express Radio settings.

Clint
W7KEC

--

Reuben Stapp "Ben"

KB5ZO

Product Development Engineer

MFJ Enterprises, Inc.

662-323-5869

Join RigPi@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.