Topics

xastir failing after buster upgrade

Robert Cartier

I just recently upgraded to buster and now I am getting an error when starting xastir

xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libproj.so.12: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

if I ln -s to the exiting libproj.so.13.1.1 it conitues but drives out other errors like curl

Any ideas

Rob - kd1jg

David Lane

Rob,

Did you post this to Curt and the team? I saw something about an upgrade on the threads a couple of weeks ago, but it may not be related. 

There was an open bug against Fedora: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1702838

There is an issue going back to 2012 on this on the Xastir site:

You may need to google around a bit to find the exact fix.

Cheers,

David

On Feb 1, 2020, at 10:48 PM, Robert Cartier via Groups.Io <robcartier@...> wrote:

I just recently upgraded to buster and now I am getting an error when starting xastir

xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libproj.so.12: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

if I ln -s to the exiting libproj.so.13.1.1  it conitues but drives out other errors like curl

Any ideas

Rob - kd1jg

Robert Cartier

Thanks will look

On Feb 2, 2020, at 10:42 AM, David Lane <kg4giy@...> wrote:

Rob,

Did you post this to Curt and the team? I saw something about an upgrade on the threads a couple of weeks ago, but it may not be related. 

There was an open bug against Fedora: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1702838

Cheers,

David

On Feb 1, 2020, at 10:48 PM, Robert Cartier via Groups.Io <robcartier@...> wrote:

if I ln -s to the exiting libproj.so.13.1.1  it conitues but drives out other errors like curl

Any ideas

Rob - kd1jg

Robert Cartier

Looks like a apr remove and git pull source and build made the difference.

Just surprised since a new rpi on buster took a apt install and ran just fine

On Feb 2, 2020, at 12:47 PM, Robert Cartier via Groups.Io <robcartier@...> wrote:

Thanks will look

On Feb 2, 2020, at 10:42 AM, David Lane <kg4giy@...> wrote:

Rob,

Cheers,

David

Any ideas

Rob - kd1jg