Topics

W3DJS Raspberry Pi Ham Radio Image v2.0 Released - INOP

Gary Auchard

I have tried twice now to download the W3DJS Raspberry Pi Ham Radio Image v2.0 Released program and make it work.  I downloaded the v2.0.tar.bz2 version and then unzipped the file to make it a 17Gig size file.  I copied that to a 32 Gig MicroSD and loaded it in a Raspberry Pi 4b and nothing happens.

My understand is this 17 Gig image file that is created is supposed to set itself up when you power on the Raspberry Pi4b and run.  Am I wrong in that assumption?  I've downloaded this file twice now on a limited data throughput device and can't keep doing this as I'll run out of data for the month.

What am I doing wrong and how can I make this image work?

Gary A. - W0MNA

Walter Holmes K5WH

I have tried it at least 4 times now myself on a RPI4 with nothing but a blank screen afterwards myself.

So I suspect it could be something with my version of the 4gig rpi4.

I tried it on a 3b a couple times, at it will at least try to expand out there, but then starts bombing out with tons of errors.  Then lots of authentication errors.

So no joy for me either.

Walter/K5WH