Topics

TNC-PI Troubleshooting

Chris Tripp - KK4CT

I purchased a TNC-PI a few years ago and it ended up on the shelf "for when I have more time".
Well, now I have more time, and I can't get it to work.
I have made all the configuration changes to raspbian for the serial port configuration.
The pitnc_get/setparams works fine.   I can even trigger the test tones to check deviation.
There is no data being decoded by "cat /dev/serial0(or ttyAMA0)" or by minicom or any other com program.
Could it be a blown MX-614?   Does it use the MX-614 to generate the test tones?    What handles the actual decoding?   Where do I start with this?

Mark Griffith

You need a program that decodes packet data.  I'm assuming you have it connected to a radio that is tuned to an active packet frequency?

Programs for the Pi can be John Wiseman's pilinbpq, or Pat, or PiGate.  Do some research on those.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Mark
KD0QYN