subMenu item setup for WSJT-X ?? #pi #linux

John

I'm trying to set up a subMenu item to launch WSJT-X on the Pi4b PiOS.   When WSJT-X was installed, its icon appeared under the subMenu for Internet.  I made an additional subMenu "Ham Digital" and was able to run FLrig and FLdigi trom icons there, but setting up the subMenu item for WSJT-X escapes me.  As it is, WSJT-X icon works, but it is in the Sound and Video sub menu on my Pi.

I've searched my Pi in vain for the .exe to link to the menu.  Can someone tell me where to find it, or suggest what I should do to?  The Memu Editor won't take the same command that works under the Internet subMenu.

John,  W0GN

Your Pi doesn't have .exe files. That's a Windows peculiarity.

On 07/07/2021 16:27 John <radio@netins.net> wrote:

I'm trying to set up a subMenu item to launch WSJT-X on the Pi4b PiOS. When WSJT-X was installed, its icon appeared under the subMenu for Internet. I made an additional subMenu "Ham Digital" and was able to run FLrig and FLdigi trom icons there, but setting up the subMenu item for WSJT-X escapes me. As it is, WSJT-X icon works, but it is in the Sound and Video sub menu on my Pi.

I've searched my Pi in vain for the .exe to link to the menu. Can someone tell me where to find it, or suggest what I should do to? The Memu Editor won't take the same command that works under the Internet subMenu.

John, W0GN
Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions tel +1-937-971-0366
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel@ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net

Bob Bennett

Do the following

sudo apt install synaptic

After installing, synaptic will show in your preferences drop down menu click it on and go to its amateur radio programs. Most ham programs for the pi are there, including a ham radio menu item that provides a menu and puts all your ham programs there.

bob NZ2Z

Larry Dighera

On Wed, 07 Jul 2021 13:27:09 -0700, "John" <radio@netins.net> wrote:

I'm trying to set up a subMenu item to launch WSJT-X on the Pi4b PiOS.   When WSJT-X was installed, its icon appeared under the subMenu for Internet.  I made an additional subMenu "Ham Digital" and was able to run FLrig and FLdigi trom icons there, but setting up the subMenu item for WSJT-X escapes me.  As it is, WSJT-X icon works, but it is in the Sound and Video sub menu on my Pi.

I've searched my Pi in vain for the .exe to link to the menu.  Can someone tell me where to find it, or suggest what I should do to?  The Memu Editor won't take the same command that works under the Internet subMenu.

John,  W0GN
I presume your search was performed visually.

The Linux operating system has a find command that will walk filesystems
searching for a file name provided to it a one of the required arguments.

Here's a suggested command you might try:

find / -name WSJT-X\* 2>/dev/null

^ Send error messages to the bit bucket
^ The (prefix of the) file name to find
^ The directory in which to begin searching
^ The find command

I've attached a few find shell scripts I've found useful over the years.

Best regards,
Larry
WB6BBB

John

Thanks Larry. Those scripts should help a lot.

John, W0GN