Topics

Signalink NO Capture in Alsa

Don Poaps

I have 2 issues but I'll only post one.

I've used KM4ACK build but on the SD card. Pat will TX but on RX it's deaf. I went to Alsamixer and notice that F4 there is no Mic or Capture.
I've updated and upgraded and still nothing.

Any ideas

73
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...
Subject://wl2k

Todd Kolmodin <n7try.or@...>

Hi Don,
I have the Pi-3 and there isn't a MIC input on the Pi itself.  Unless you have an external sound dongle you are using there will not be an RX device.
These USB Sound dongles are like 5 bux on Amazon (make sure linux compatible.)  Running the command aplay -l && arecord -l  will tell you the devices available for record and playback.  I ran in to this with Direwolf.  The PI can send out via the 3.5mm plug but there is no input.
Hope this helps..
73, de Todd N7TRY

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:02 AM Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:
I have 2 issues but I'll only post one.

I've used KM4ACK build but on the SD card. Pat will TX but on RX it's deaf. I went to Alsamixer and notice that F4 there is no Mic or Capture.
I've updated and upgraded and still nothing.

Any ideas

73
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

Don Poaps

Signalink is a USB sound card with ptt. It works on Windose machine. Alsa some how got messed up

73

Don va7dgp

[...]

John Wiseman

It is normal for the Signalink not to provide an input level control on the sound control panel, I assume because the codec used does not have a software controlled input amplifer. There is an internal link to increase the level and make sure the external rx pot is set to maximum.

73,
John

On 29/01/2020 19:02, Don Poaps wrote:
I have 2 issues but I'll only post one.

I've used KM4ACK build but on the SD card. Pat will TX but on RX it's deaf. I went to Alsamixer and notice that F4 there is no Mic or Capture.
I've updated and upgraded and still nothing.

Any ideas

73
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

Don Poaps

The J1 pin been removed to allow for maximum audio. The squelch on radio is open. This is only on the Pi 4, unless the Signalink has packed it in.

73

Don va7dgp