From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io [mailto:RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 12:31 PM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Run A Windows program on Pi 4

Thanks for everyone who responded to my query. From what members are saying it is a nonstarter to run a windows program and will run very slowly, this could cause a problem with the sampling rate. I have been sent some information on how to do this but it looks very complicated to do. The program I want to run is Spectrum Labs for collecting data from a VLF E-Field receiver. I am now looking at using an Ubuntu image on the Pi 4 as there is software that runs under this. Once again thanks to everyone who responded with advice.
73's Peter

Do you have a link to information on the software.  You will need to make sure it is for ARM processor under Linux .. both Raspbian and Ubuntu are variants of Debian Linux.

> The program I want to run is Spectrum Labs for collecting data from a VLF E-Field receiver. I am now looking at using an Ubuntu image on the Pi 4 as there is software that runs under this. Once again thanks to everyone who responded with advice.
73's Peter

Kingston, WA
K7VE

N3RDR

Or available as source for you to compile.

Sent from my 📲

On Jan 21, 2020, at 4:16 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

Do you have a link to information on the software.  You will need to make sure it is for ARM processor under Linux .. both Raspbian and Ubuntu are variants of Debian Linux.

> The program I want to run is Spectrum Labs for collecting data from a VLF E-Field receiver. I am now looking at using an Ubuntu image on the Pi 4 as there is software that runs under this. Once again thanks to everyone who responded with advice.
73's Peter

Kingston, WA
K7VE

Larry Dighera

The reviews here
http://www.astrosurf.com/luxorion/qsl-ham-software.htm indicate
Audacity may be worth trying under Linux:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Spectrum Laboratory is here: http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 09:31:09 -0800, "Peter via Groups.Io"
<pwnewton42=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks for everyone who responded to my query. From what members are saying it is a nonstarter to run a windows program and will run very slowly, this could cause a problem with the sampling rate. I have been sent some information on how to do this but it looks very complicated to do. The program I want to run is Spectrum Labs for collecting data from a VLF E-Field receiver. I am now looking at using an Ubuntu image on the Pi 4 as there is software that runs under this. Once again thanks to everyone who responded with advice.
73's Peter

Larry Dighera

You may find some support from the members of this group:
https://groups.io/g/SpectrumLabUsers