Topics

Rigctl IO ERROR

Ray Adkins

Running hamlib , with command line rigctl on pi with ic 7300 . I have the radio number 373 . But when issuing rigctl statement I get. Rig control : IO Error.

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

Are you in the dialout group?

What is your complete command line to get into rigctl?

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 12:04 PM Ray Adkins <N3hym1@...> wrote:
Running hamlib , with command line rigctl on pi with ic 7300 . I have the radio number 373 . But when issuing rigctl statement I get. Rig control : IO Error.

Ray Adkins

This is my command line

rigctl -m 373 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 9600

Ray

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

That is very close to what I have.  Since this radio is "newer than the USB" spec, and it has an actual USB port on it, I decided that I would just use it as if it was USB.

So my command line looks like:

rigctl -m 373 -r /dev/ttyUSB0

My guess is that you are not in the "dialout" group, or that the radio isn't on /dev/ttyUSB0