Topics

Raspberry Pi Ham Radio Image v2.0 - No Permission to Edit Wpa file

James Johnson

No mater what I do I can not save the wpa_supplicant.conf file. I have no wifi showing up and have read the cavet to shutdown the SHH.
Does anyone have working version of the image that I could download?

I am excited tp try all the software compiled on the image.

73 James VE7HJ

David KD4E <dcolburn@...>

An alternative would be a clean Buster-Raspian install,
then follow the instructions here to install Ham aps ...

https://dl1gkk.com/setup-raspberry-pi-for-ham-radio/

David KD4E

No mater what I do I can not save the wpa_supplicant.conf file. I have no wifi showing up and have read the cavet to shutdown the SHH.
Does anyone have working version of the image that I could download?

I am excited tp try all the software compiled on the image.

73 James VE7HJ

Larry Dighera

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 11:17:24 -0800, "James Johnson" <va7cnd@...>
wrote:

No mater what I do I can not save the wpa_supplicant.conf file.
Are you logged in as root? Have you tried sudo?

You may have to kill the wpa_supplicant process before the system will
permit editing that file. Try: pgrep wpa_supplicant, and kill -9
<PID> where PID is the process ID reported by the pgrep command.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Larry
WB6BBB