Rasp Pi 4 Source ?

w2eck

Rasp Pi 4 w 4 gb of Ram. Tough to find, does anyone know of a source that has in stock ?

Paul

David Ranch

There is this tool:

   https://rpilocator.com

It tries to scrub various reseller's website to show availability but it's evidently been doing some bad things and is getting blocked (I saw Adafruit blocked them today)

On 03/22/2022 01:15 PM, w2eck wrote:
Rasp Pi 4 w 4 gb of Ram. Tough to find, does anyone know of a source that has in stock ?

Paul

Jim Higgins

They're hitting each site every few minutes and some as often as every minute. LOTS of the better known/larger places are blocking them.

73 de Jim, KB3PU

At 3/22/2022 20:45 UTC David Ranch wrote:

There is this tool:

https://rpilocator.com

It tries to scrub various reseller's website to show availability but it's evidently been doing some bad things and is getting blocked (I saw Adafruit blocked them today)

On 03/22/2022 01:15 PM, w2eck wrote:
Rasp Pi 4 w 4 gb of Ram. Tough to find, does anyone know of a source that has in stock ?

Paul

N5XMT

Even though it's not doing anything to the site it's considered a DOS attack...

On Mar 22, 2022, at 16:26, Jim Higgins <higginsj@...> wrote:

They're hitting each site every few minutes and some as often as every
minute. LOTS of the better known/larger places are blocking them.

73 de Jim, KB3PU

At 3/22/2022 20:45 UTC David Ranch wrote:

There is this tool:

https://rpilocator.com

It tries to scrub various reseller's website to show availability but it's
evidently been doing some bad things and is getting blocked (I saw Adafruit
blocked them today)

On 03/22/2022 01:15 PM, w2eck wrote:
Rasp Pi 4 w 4 gb of Ram. Tough to find, does anyone know of a source that
has in stock ?

Paul

W3DRM - Don

As a webmaster of many websites myself, getting hi hit rates, regardless of the reason, every minute or so can impact your overall website performance. This is especially important if the website is running on a slower server. Even though we all  would like to have instant visibility to the availability of the Rpi's, I would think that the routine shouldn't run more than once or twice an hour just out of courtesy to the websites being queried.

My 2-cents on the matter...

Mark Griffith

I'm on the list of a few web sites to be notified when RasPi 4 boards show up.  I'll get an email notification that, say, 200 boards are now available.  By the time I click on the link, they are all gone.  Granted, I usually don't see the email within an hour or so, but I'll bet all the boards are gone in a few minutes, which is a good indication of the demand.  Especially when you consider each customer is only allow one per order.  That doesn't stop someone from making 200 individual orders though.

I have not been able to get a new board since last November.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Tuesday, March 22, 2022, 10:08:40 PM CDT, W3DRM - Don <drmcroberts@...> wrote:

As a webmaster of many websites myself, getting hi hit rates, regardless of the reason, every minute or so can impact your overall website performance. This is especially important if the website is running on a slower server. Even though we all  would like to have instant visibility to the availability of the Rpi's, I would think that the routine shouldn't run more than once or twice an hour just out of courtesy to the websites being queried.

My 2-cents on the matter...

Jeff

The Raspberry Pi 4 is definitely hard to find.  Raspberry Pi 400s are more available if that form factor works.

Jeff
WX7OR

Charles Gallo

What I’m looking for is Compute 4 modules, good luck (WiFi, 2gb, 16 eMMC)

--
73 de KG2V
Charlie

On Mar 23, 2022, at 12:40 AM, Jeff via groups.io <jeffmckinnis@...> wrote:

The Raspberry Pi 4 is definitely hard to find.  Raspberry Pi 400s are more available if that form factor works.

Jeff
WX7OR

KJ7BJT

Hi Folks,

When I was still actively designing stuff I would use https://www.findchips.com/ to find components I needed for prototyping.  I searched Raspberry Pi and a lot of web sites show it as 'out of stock'.  Most of the time I used findchips to pull down datasheets for the particular widget I was working on, but occasionally it was to order a part or two.

Jim

John - KC5AV

I just received the 8GB Pi4 kit I ordered from canakit.com. I ordered it back in January. There are very few, in any, individual boards to be had. It’s either buy a kit, or nothing.
Pi4 kits
None of them are less than $100. Some exceed $200. It’s the only place I have found that even has them available for order.

George Franklin

Q3pqq
Get Outlook for Androi]

When I was still actively designing stuff I would use https://www.findchips.com/ to find components I needed for prototyping.  I searched Raspberry Pi and a lot of web sites show it as 'out of stock'.  Most of the time I used findchips to pull down datasheets for the particular widget I was working on, but occasionally it was to order a part or two.

Jim

Mark Griffith

Adafruit has implemented a two factor authentication, apparently because their are bots out there buying up Pi  boards as soon as they become available.  I guess the bot operators sell the boards for a few dollars profit and deny experimenters and builders.  Such nice people on the Internet these days.

Mark
KD0QYN