Qsstv with IC 7300

Eli Rozenberg

I am trying to connect Qsstv to IC 7300, i have no problames with audio but i can not connect it to the trx.
I am trying via flrig but no luck.
I use Qsstv 9.5.3.
73 de 4x4fd

Kelly Keeton

I am not sure it’s stable with new hamlib code last time I had rig control working I had started with older hamlib had to compile up

Vox works

If you notice it won’t say “no rig I/o” on the splash screen but it is connecting just won’t do much more. (My experience anyway with a new compile)

Excuse typos and brevity, sent from a mobile device.

On Monday, July 12, 2021, 2:09 AM, Eli Rozenberg <4x4fdil@...> wrote:

I am trying to connect Qsstv to IC 7300, i have no problames with audio but i can not connect it to the trx.
I am trying via flrig but no luck.
I use Qsstv 9.5.3.
73 de 4x4fd

Jim Darrough

Try using a black USB port on your Raspberry Pi. For some reason, the IC-7300 and IC-705 ports don't work with USB 3.0.

73 Jim KI7AY

Kelly Keeton

the pi4 usb3 is faulty

Not the radios issue it’s the pi defect

On Monday, July 12, 2021, 7:44 AM, Jim Darrough <jim@...> wrote:

Try using a black USB port on your Raspberry Pi. For some reason, the IC-7300 and IC-705 ports don't work with USB 3.0.

73 Jim KI7AY

N5XMT

Not faulty, just not 100% backwards compatible with USB2.0

On Jul 12, 2021, at 09:16, "Kelly Keeton via groups.io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>kellykeeton=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
the pi4 usb3 is faulty

Not the radios issue it’s the pi defect

Excuse typos and brevity, sent from a mobile device.

On Monday, July 12, 2021, 7:44 AM, Jim Darrough <jim@...> wrote:

Try using a black USB port on your Raspberry Pi. For some reason, the IC-7300 and IC-705 ports don't work with USB 3.0.

73 Jim KI7AY

Kelly Keeton

Interesting, so all the usb3 SSD issues and issues with usb3 high speed bus like using a coral are related to usb2 compatibility issues? Got any data to back it up? Or this is just the Texas chip in intel radios? Anywhoo im trolling so I will leave it at that.

On Monday, July 12, 2021, 9:44 AM, N5XMT <dacooley@...> wrote:

Not faulty, just not 100% backwards compatible with USB2.0
On Jul 12, 2021, at 09:16, "Kelly Keeton via groups.io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>kellykeeton=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
the pi4 usb3 is faulty

Not the radios issue it’s the pi defect

Excuse typos and brevity, sent from a mobile device.

On Monday, July 12, 2021, 7:44 AM, Jim Darrough <jim@...> wrote:

Try using a black USB port on your Raspberry Pi. For some reason, the IC-7300 and IC-705 ports don't work with USB 3.0.

73 Jim KI7AY

N5XMT

the fact that it does not work with some USB2.0 devices is the backwards compatibility issue.
The USB3.0 booting issue is the Pi's firmware (not the USB3.0, but the BOOT firmware) does not support boot mode in some USB to SATA chips.  Chips the manufacturers won't release the source code of their drivers so the Pi foundation can compile them into ARM architecture.  Yes, you are trolling, and that isn't allowed here.  If you want to troll, take it to facebook where everyone else is doing it.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 9:56 AM Kelly Keeton via groups.io <kellykeeton=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

I am using usb 2 and not 3. I have tried every thing and no lock.

I most say that when I used Qsstv ver 2 the rig was connected and I saw the freq on Qsstv.

The moment I upgraded to ver 9.4.4 and 9.5.3 I have lost connection

Not faulty, just not 100% backwards compatible with USB2.0

On Jul 12, 2021, at 09:16, "Kelly Keeton via groups.io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>kellykeeton=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

the pi4 usb3 is faulty

Not the radios issue it’s the pi defect

Excuse typos and brevity, sent from a mobile device.

On Monday, July 12, 2021, 7:44 AM, Jim Darrough <jim@...> wrote:

Try using a black USB port on your Raspberry Pi. For some reason, the IC-7300 and IC-705 ports don't work with USB 3.0.

73 Jim KI7AY

David Ranch

When you connect to your IC7300 to your Raspberry Pi, do you:

  - See it's USB ports via the Linux command: lsusb
  - Do you have the right user/group permissions on the resulting serial ports per:  ls -la /dev | grep ttyUSB
  - Are you running a version of Hamlib that supports the IC7300?
  - Can you control the radio via hamlib's rigctl program?
  - do you see the correct sound devices per: aplay -l   and   arecord -l