QDX

ohwenzelph

What software or package of software would you install on a raspberry pi 4, with a solid state hard drive, to use with a QRPLabs QDX?
jt aa1of

David Ranch

The QRPLabs QDX documentation covers this:

   https://qrp-labs.com/images/qdx/manual_1_04.pdf

      - Section 3- Operating Instructions
         - WSJT-X
         - JS8Call

      - The Section 4 "Summary" in the PDF talks of how this unit generally works and the best I can tell, it generally only works with "single tone" modems and not with more complex signals like say PSK, QAM, etc. but that's just my speculation.

On 11/04/2021 10:12 AM, ohwenzelph via groups.io wrote:
QRPLabs QDX

Dave R

I don’t know. It's very limited as it can't do SSB, RTTY, PSK, CW. etc. 73

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021, 10:12 ohwenzelph via groups.io <Ohwenzelph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
What software or package of software would you install on a raspberry pi 4, with a solid state hard drive, to use with a QRPLabs QDX?
jt aa1of

Don Melcher

It can do RTTY or any single tone shift mode.
--
Don
W6CZ

Larry Macionski

Dave R and Don W6CZ...

I was told by QRP-labs Hans in an email that it will do RTTY when he emailed me about that.

I am wondering about the QCX variant out of China for $130 on Ebay.... The FREE SHIPPING is $12 and "Lifetime Guarantee" have caused me pause.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124923116237

Maybe the guarantee is against breaking in half..Like the Kansas Guarantee " if it breaks in half, you get to keep both pieces".
Some Specifications can't be believed:
- Three independent switchable analog front-end receiver attenuators (0dB, -13dB, -20dB, -33dB, -53dB, -60dB, -73dB) - READ IT AGAIN!!!
.
USDR SDR Transceiver All Mode 8 Band HF Ham Radio QRP CW Transceiver 80M/60M/40M/30M/20M/17M/15M/10M Description:
uSDR is optimized and modified based on the open source work uSDX/QCX-SSB.
uSDX/QCX-SSB GitHub: https://github.com/threeme3/QCX-SSB/tree/feature-rx-improved

or $115 here..
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002979711879.html

So who knows- I won't be the 1st in my club to own one, but I am it's only member right now..

Larry W8LM

Dave R

Excuse me. I'm from the polyphonic revolution generation. Who is the target demo for such a device? 73

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 06:19 Don Melcher <don@...> wrote:
It can do RTTY or any single tone shift mode.
--
Don
W6CZ

Larry Macionski

Us old fart, red necked Kansas cattle  ranchers don't parley  fancy Yankee talk.. Comprende?

Dave R

No need to get stereotypical, Larry. I just mean I haven't seen a transceiver like that before. Undoubtedly because people from Arizona are weird. 73

Phil Culmer <phil@...>

- Three independent switchable analog front-end receiver attenuators (0dB, -13dB, -20dB, -33dB, -53dB, -60dB, -73dB) - READ IT AGAIN!!!

Stackable 13dB, 20dB, and 40dB attenuators will do that:
0dB
13dB
20dB
13B + 20dB = 33dB
40dB
40db + 13 dB = 53dB
20dB + 40 dB = 60dB
13dB + 20dB + 40dB = 73dB

Phil 2E0HGU

Larry Macionski

Dave and Phil---

Dave - I am mid west- old west and sometimes just don't get it...It's funny though... Good job..

Phil-

Here in the US, people say, "I"m from REALVILLE".. meaning things are simply taken. Especially with CHIN-glish... when it doesn't make sense without further explanation..
I view "independant switchable" different than Stackable.. Thanks for clearing the elderly brain fog,,,

Further- as you are aware we do have problems with the Queens English..(and driving on the wrong side of the road)  Then I heard on the news 2-3 days ago.. an additional 1200 words this year were added to the Webster Dictionary. And we are supposed to be expert communicators..

ohwenzelph

So is there a place to get WSJT-x that installs on a pi?

ohwenzelph

ohwenzelph

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 07:13 AM, Larry Macionski wrote:
I am wondering about the QCX variant out of China for $130 on Ebay.... The FREE SHIPPING is $12 and "Lifetime Guarantee" have caused me pause.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124923116237
In addition to the lifetime guarantee you can get a $9.99 “2-year protection plan” .....

Dave Wade

Well is the “Lifetime” as in the lifetime of the product or the purchaser. They do say it’s the Manufacturer’s Warranty, so heaven help you talking to them…..

.. as for the “protection plan” I think that’s something E-Bay offer. I don’t see it in the UK…

Dave