N5XMT

cool,
thanks

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 8:03 PM Mat Murdock <mat.murdock@...> wrote:
Those were modifications I had made to the code.  It looks like John added the led cycle part which is cool.  If you want to add the "power" led

Look for this code in /libraries/TeensyConfig/TeensyCommon.ccp, around line 210 or so.

#ifdef WDTBOARD

  pinMode (SW1, INPUT_PULLUP);
  pinMode (SW2, INPUT_PULLUP);
//  pinMode (SW3, INPUT_PULLUP);
//  pinMode (SW4, INPUT_PULLUP);

#endif

Add this right before it.

//Turn on LED2 for to show TNC is on. ~K2MJM
SetLED(LED2, 1);

Mat

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 7:23 PM N5XMT <dacooley@...> wrote:
What about the LED's?
with the version 11, on power up or reset, the all come on then turn off one at a time including the green one.  All off.
With version 6, they did the turn off one at a time, but the green stayed on.
Thanks

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 12:11 AM John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
Correct.

You can only change the i2c address via setparams for the original TNC-Pi. With the Teensy code you have to edit TeensyConfigPacket.h to switch between serial and i2c or to change i2c address (but you shouldn't need to to that).

Check your TeensyConfigPacket.h setting to confirm host port and speed.

The Teensy code will respond to i2c config requests even when set to use the serial port to the pi.

73,
John

On 11/06/2020 03:10, N5XMT wrote:
Went back to 6, and changing the i2c address shows as changed in getparams, but the address never changes.  Setting it to 0 for serial does nothing but change the value returned with getparams. Even after a reboot it never responds to serial and only responds to i2c address 0x1e (30)

On Jun 10, 2020, at 10:16, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
Software Version 6 is pretty old. The current is 11 and will initialise all parameters on first run.

The Default values are TXDelay 25 Persist 64 slottime 10 (100 ms) TxTail 1 Our Chan 0 RX Level 0 Center Freq 170

TX level should be set to suit your radio. 25 will give about 300 mV peak to peak output.

The latest software can be downloaded from http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/Beta/TeensyProjects.zip

73,
John G8BPQ

On 10/06/2020 17:10, N5XMT wrote:
Yep, have that.
still a couple not mentioned that I need as well, since all of them are maxxed at 255...
Here is what is set in mine (changed baud from 2550 to 1200 already)  The ones here marked with <<<<< are the ones never mentioned, and also the difference between RX Level (config) and RX Level (Actual).
Does someone possibly have one up and running that can send me what they have their params set to?
Thanks

# ./pitnc_getparams 1 30
pitnc_getparams Version 0.0.0.5

   TNC Software Version           6
01 TXDelay - Zero means use ADC 255
02 Persistance                  255
03 Slottime (in 10 mS)          255
04 TXTail                       255
05 Full Duplex - Not used       255
06 Our Channel (Hex)             ff <<<<<
07 I2C Address (0 = async) Hex   1e
08 Mode Speed                  1200
09 RX Level (Config)            255
10 TX Level                     255
11 RX Level (Actual)            255
13 Centre Freq                 2550 <<<<<
8 6 ff ff ff ff ff ff 1e c ff ff ff ff 1c c0 sum 0

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 8:31 AM Mat Murdock < mat.murdock@...> wrote:
Here is a link to their manual.  Look at page 11 - 13.

ttp:// www.tnc-x.com/TNCPi9K6.pdf

I will update ours with the bits that are missing from that section.

Mat

Mat Murdock

[...]

John Wiseman

Mat,

If you've done the mod to the IDE described in README.txt then you just need to select the sketch you want to build. If not you need to edit TeensyConfig.h and set the #define for the mode you want to compile.

Yes, PlatformSleep(0); is ok. Sorry, I'd changed one of the common routines without checking that all modes would still compile.

73,
John

On 10/06/2020 21:48, Mat Murdock wrote:
John, I downloaded the latest version as I think it would be wise to ship something a bit more current then I have been.

Anyway, I got to compile again.

On about line 432 in the SM_Teensy sketch you have the following:

void loop()
{
  mainLoop();
  PlatformSleep();
  Sleep(1);
  HostPoll();
#if defined I2CKISS || defined I2CMONITOR
  i2cloop();
#endif
}

I'm throwing an error on PlatformSleep(); as that function is expecting a value.  Is 0 OK?

Second item, how do I properly specify I am compiling for packet vs ardop or one of the other modes it supports?

Mat

John Wiseman

[...]

Also uploaded the .hex file in the download and the LED's do the same thing...

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 5:25 PM N5XMT via groups.io <dacooley=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I just used 1, and it compiled.  uploaded and now when you power it on, the LED's all come on and go off in order from red back to green and all off after its fully booted.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 10:16 AM John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
[...]

I have those and the new ones.  Basically they only show i2c channel/serial, baud, reboot and tx/rx level correlations.  Nothing for the other params.

On Jun 10, 2020, at 08:23, "Mark Griffith via groups.io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>mdgriffith2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
You can still access the TNC-PI9K6 docs at Coastal Chipworks. They will be more complete.

Mark
KD0QYN

Mark Griffith

You can still access the TNC-PI9K6 docs at Coastal Chipworks. They will be more complete.

Mark
KD0QYN

N5XMT

Anyone have the settings/params for 1200 baud?  When I fired mine up, Baud was set to 2550, everything else was 255, and Center Freq was 2550...
Can't find more documentation than the little the manual has about changing I2C address and baudrate
Thanks