pda windows 5

Vincent

I guess this question does not really belong here, but  here goes.

Is there a way to install a useable packet programm on an older PDA that runs windows mobile 5 ?

Thanks all.

Vincent

Kelly Keeton

There is a dedicated kernel for the most popular dell devices I think. I would suggest moving away from the windows-mobile

Then just go from there with stuff like direwolf

Excuse typos and brevity, sent from a mobile device.

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 10:31 AM, Vincent <panserv@...> wrote:

I guess this question does not really belong here, but  here goes.

Is there a way to install a useable packet programm on an older PDA that runs windows mobile 5 ?

Thanks all.

Vincent

Brian Webster

You might try APRSIS as that was originally developed for Windows CE.

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/

Brian N2KGC

There is a dedicated kernel for the most popular dell devices I think. I would suggest moving away from the windows-mobile

Then just go from there with stuff like direwolf

Excuse typos and brevity, sent from a mobile device.

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 10:31 AM, Vincent <panserv@...> wrote:

I guess this question does not really belong here, but  here goes.

Is there a way to install a useable packet programm on an older PDA that runs windows mobile 5 ?

Thanks all.

Vincent

Vincent

Edited

This is the device I wanted to install packet in.

https://ruggedpcreview.com/3_handhelds_amrel_da5+.html

Windows CE 5.0 is on the list mentioned in the link above, so maybe its possible.

thanks,

Vincent

Vincent

"APRSISCE/32  It does *NOT* run on any Windows CE 5 or 6 GPS unit as of 2012/04/11."

Looks like its not possible at all.

Dave R

Looks old. 10 years old. A couple generations old, even. 73

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021, 12:11 Vincent <panserv@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

This is the device I wanted to install packet in.

https://ruggedpcreview.com/3_handhelds_amrel_da5+.html

Windows CE 5.0 is on the list mentioned in the link above, so maybe its possible.

thanks,

Vincent

Vincent

Edited

I think it fits in the space on a PRC319 for the messaging unit, EMU.

I thought it cool to use it for mobile packet, but I am not sure if i can find a packet program to run on windows mobile 5.

Jay Lijoi

I have a pocket PC I'd like to use...🤔😂
--
Jay
WB2QQJ

Kelly Keeton

You could likely find a ssh application for windows to use a raspberry pi!

Excuse typos and brevity, sent from a mobile device.

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 7:14 AM, Vincent <panserv@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I think it fits in the space on a PRC319 for the messaging unit, EMU.

I thought it cool to use it for mobile packet, but I am not sure if i can find a packet program to run on windows mobile 5.

KB5WCK

Not sure if it is available for windows 5 mobile, but I enable VNC on the pi and remote in from other machines to control it.  I also use the newest version of ACLog as it connects and communicates with WSJT-X natively now.  Cuts out any middleware that could create an issue.

Just my thoughts.