Topics

Pat Menu Config Screen

Bryan Hoffman

For some reason, I can not see the bottom of the config window for Pat Menu.  This is the only screen that appears to display longer then the desktop can display. Basically, the bottom is cut off and I can not see the buttons or the last few fields.
I've tried to change the resolution of the display w/o luck.
I'm using a RP 7" screen. Is there possibly a setting in the terminal that would fix the issue?
Thanks for the help
Bryan

dkc2030@...

Are you referring to KM4ACK's Pat Menu?  If so, lots of applications have problems with the 7" Pi display.  I have a mix of both 7" display and VNC systems.  The VNC resolution allows for a much higher resolution than the Pi display.

Try the tips in this article:  https://opentechguides.com/how-to/article/raspberry-pi/28/raspi-display-setting.html

Clark Martin

Three techniques I’ve found for overcoming small screens.

Click on the window while holding down the Alt(/Option) key and drag the window around, you can move it up to reach all of the window.

Install xrdp on the target machine and use an RDP client on another machine. When it connects it establishes a connection to a virtual desktop of a size you can specify.

Access the target machine using
ssh -X <machine address>
Then launch a GUI app from the shell and it will open in a window on the remote machine.

Sent from an iPhone, don't ask whose.