Topics

netlogger running on ARM v7 raspbian

Niece KA1ULN

has anyone got www.netlogger.org running on ARM    raspbian yet?

73

KE3KQ

Hi All,

Comments welcome. I am considering trying to load Netlogger 3.1.5 or later onto a Raspberry Pi 4. I have been unable to find much in the way of comments on the program although it says it will run on Linux Debian. I would be using FLdigi and Netlogger together on a Pi 4.

http://www.netlogger.org/download.php/

When I watch YouTube videos describing it's use they advise closing all other Windows programs. I am wondering if it will install and also if it degrades the performance of FLdigi?

So has anyone had some success?

*** Ben KE3KQ

Chuck M

Have same question about getting it to run on a Pi 4B w 4 GB ram.  Really like to use my Pi as much as I can with my QRP rig for running fldigi.

Also have had problems with getting NetLogger to work on the latest LTS version of Ubuntu.

Thanks for your help.

Chuck
KD9DVB

On Friday, April 17, 2020, 02:48:55 PM EDT, KE3KQ <ben@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Comments welcome.  I am considering trying to load Netlogger 3.1.5 or later onto a Raspberry Pi 4.  I have been unable to find much in the way of comments on the program although it says it will run on Linux Debian.  I would be using FLdigi and Netlogger together on a Pi 4.

When I watch YouTube videos describing it's use they advise closing all other Windows programs.  I am wondering if it will install and also if it degrades the performance of FLdigi?

So has anyone had some success?

*** Ben KE3KQ

KE3KQ

Hi Chuck,

I may have missed it but are there any resources on groups.io for info on Netlogger? Perhaps there is some discussion of use on the Pi under the larger topic of Netlogger. I have looked but not seen anything on the groups forums.

*** Ben KE3KQ

Chuck M

There are some tips to get it working with Debian and Ubuntu on the NetLogger site.  Tried those for Ubuntu but without any luck yet on ham shack PC.  Then tried it on my laptop's virtual box install of Debian.  No luck there either.  Might be more of a user gray cell problem then software.

My younger son is my computer tech support.  Now sophomore at Purdue studying to become a network engineer.  Need to get some more help from him when he has time.  My Linux skills are in the beginner phase.  He had it working fine on an Arch Linux distro, but the arch linux had other issues so wiped and replaced with Ubuntu.

73s
Chuck
KD9DVB