Topics

Mfj-1204 and Kenwood ts-2000 wiring

James French

Would anyone know the proper wiring so that I can interface my mfj-1204 to the 8 pin mike plug?  Every time I plug my dig cable in, the 2000 goes into transmit. Is there a resistor and/or capacitor that needs to be placed?

Before someone says it, I can't go to the acc2 plug as I have found that nothing is coming out that way along with no comport also. As this is a second-hand radio, I am currently thinking that the max232 chip is fried for the comport as it did work one time that I tried it with a pi0 and a 5$ ebay usb to serial cable.

James W8ISS