Have you heard of HamPi?

Dave Slotter, W3DJS

Hello fellow hams,

My name is Dave Slotter, W3DJS, and I am the curator of HamPi, the free ham radio software distribution for the Raspberry Pi.

HamPi is a free software distribution of approximately 100 ham radio applications for Raspberry Pi users. I am the curator of HamPi and released version 1.0 of HamPi a week before Field Day 2020. Putting hundreds, if not thousands of hours into it, I have been updating it once a quarter, and I plan to release a major update -- version 2.0 of HamPi this DecemberHamPi version 2.0 will be based on the newly released Raspberry Pi OS based on Debian Bullseye (ver 11). I want to underscore how popular HamPi has become with the Ham Radio community. To date, there have been well over 50,000 downloads of HamPi. Users hail from all over the US, and also internationally too.

Either HamPi and/or I have been featured in a number of YouTube videos by well-known personalities:

Kevin Loughin, KB9RLW gave a glowing review to HamPi on his "The Old Tech Guy" YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/vrN55ZwZikQ

Dave Casler, KE0OG, interviewed me about HamPi on his "Ask Dave" YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/Bnpln-aRWrs

Jason Johnson, KC5HWB, interviewed me about HamPi on his "Ham Radio 2.0" YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/YoySsXM5pzs

An Anonymous YouTuber who goes by the pseudonym "The Smokin Ape" showed how to install HamPI on his YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/vPVHxITxqpw

And finally, the Linux and the Ham Shack podcast interviewed me for their podcast. Their YouTube channel rebroadcasts this: https://youtu.be/8ZtoA7j4RS8
Views 0.1K (for YouTube, no listen counts available for podcast)

Total YouTube Views of HamPi: 78.1K

In addition to the tens of thousands of YouTube videos, I have presented to amateur radio clubs like South Jersey Amateur Radio Club, Sawnee Amateur Radio Association, Sun City Amateur Radio Club, Atlanta Radio Club, Walton County Repeater Group, Southwest Florida Tech Team, Gwinnett Amateur Radio Society, and even presented at the most-attended GARS Techfest Talk in January, 2020.

For more information:

HamPi can be downloaded here: http://hampi.sourceforge.net

HamPC can be downloaded here: http://hampc.sourceforge.net

HamPi and HamPC have a wiki here: https://github.com/dslotter/HamPi/wiki

HamPi has a community support forum here: https://groups.io/g/Ham-Pi/

HamPC has a community support forum here: https://groups.io/g/HamPC

As HamPi and HamPC are both open source OS distributions, their source code can be found on GitHub at: https://github.com/dslotter/HamPi

Thank you for your time and 73.

--
Dave Slotter, W3DJS

--
- Dave, W3DJS
-- Lifetime Member of ARRL & GARS and curator of HamPi, the ham radio software distribution for the Raspberry Pi --