Topics

HamPi lockup

Keith

Well I got it all downloaded and the os starts up but when it gets to “update software” it sits in “syncronising clock” for ever. First time I tried I gave up after 79 mins, second time after 58 mins. Its on a Pi4 and Im stuck 🤔😩
Any advice please folks ?
cheers

Keith VK6KB/VK6EME

Keith

Panic over 🤪🤪 Changed my wifi to 2.4 ghz and it finished in 7 mins. Didnt like the 5ghz wifi.
Sorry folks I will get there 🤞🏻📡🤞🏻

N5XMT

Very strange... All of my Pi4's (3 4G versions and one 8G) all run 5G wifi without issues

Dave Wade

Not really. 5Ghz does not penetrate walls so well, so you don’t get the same area coverage and may get reduced speed.

I have the same issues in some parts of my house.

Dave