Topics

Gpredict cannot connect to Yaesu FT817

Ron Liekens

I like to track the frequency of a FT817 to compensate the Doppler shift with Gpredict but I cannot get them communicate via CAT.

The FT817 does work fine with FLrig and FLdigi via CAT.

Any suggestions on how to get this running?

73' Ron
ON2RON

N3RDR

To control the radio, the rigctl daemon must be running first. To start the rig control daemon:

rigctld -m 120 -r /dev/tty.KeySerial1 -s 38400 -t 4532 -C stop_bits=2&

Notice /dev/tty.KeySerial1 is the serial cable you are using. I switched to keyspan to stop fighting with drivers on my Mac. 4532 is just a TCP port number of your choosing.  Just make sure is not already used. I picked that one for some reason.

Then from gpredict:

Edit->Preferences->Interfaces-> Add new:  and my settings are included in the picture. The name you can name as you wish. The port must match the one you used in rigctl.

I hope that helps.

On Jan 29, 2020, at 5:55 AM, Ron Liekens <r.e.liekens@...> wrote:

I like to track the frequency of a FT817 to compensate the Doppler shift with Gpredict but I cannot get them communicate via CAT.

The FT817 does work fine with FLrig and FLdigi via CAT.

Any suggestions on how to get this running?

73' Ron
ON2RON

N3RDR

I forgot to specify on my previous email (I pasted from my notes), that is because I chose to stop trying to to figure it out. Often software upgrades broke the functionality and for some reason the person who writes rigctl is a wizard that always gets that right. I use it instead of direct serial from some apps.

Carlos
N3RDR

On Jan 29, 2020, at 5:55 AM, Ron Liekens <r.e.liekens@...> wrote:

I like to track the frequency of a FT817 to compensate the Doppler shift with Gpredict but I cannot get them communicate via CAT.

The FT817 does work fine with FLrig and FLdigi via CAT.

Any suggestions on how to get this running?

73' Ron
ON2RON

Ron Liekens

I had it running, but with another cmd line, but it stopped after a short time. I give your solution a try later today.

73' Ron - on2ron