Topics

fldigi on raspberry pi 3 B +


Charles Albert
 

Downloaded fldigi from the raspberry pi site, it decodes PSK31 beautifully using the Signalink USB, but I cannot seem to get the TX function to PTT. Any thoughts???


Dennis Blanchard
 

Which radio? Also, in the rig configuration, are you using Rigcat or Riglib? Is this on Windows or Linux? More info is obviously needed.

Dennis, K1YPP


Chuck M
 

I have a R4B+ 4GB unit, buster OS.  Radio is a Connect Systems CS-108G+, similar to the Xeigu 108.  Signalink sound card.  Radio shows up as /dev/ttyACM0.  Have used setup with CQRLOG, fldigi, WSJTX, and flrig.

Sometimes it will connect and no problems.  Other times need to change permissions on the port using the command:  sudo chmod 777 /dev/tty/ACM0  this grants all rights to the port and seems to work better.  Currently figuring out how to write a udev rule for this and add it to the startup routine.

Other radio & PC setup is a regular PC running Debian 10 connected to a Kenwood TS-440SAT.  It does require the chmod 777 for the USB port to work properly.

Hope this helps.

73s
Chuck
KD9DVB


On Monday, August 24, 2020, 07:48:01 AM EDT, Dennis Blanchard via groups.io <k1ypp@...> wrote:


Which radio? Also, in the rig configuration, are you using Rigcat or Riglib? Is this on Windows or Linux? More info is obviously needed.

Dennis, K1YPP


 

Try adding you standard user to the dialout group.

If your standard user is pi

sudo usermod -G dialout pi

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 10:53 AM Chuck M via groups.io <cam51mail=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have a R4B+ 4GB unit, buster OS.  Radio is a Connect Systems CS-108G+, similar to the Xeigu 108.  Signalink sound card.  Radio shows up as /dev/ttyACM0.  Have used setup with CQRLOG, fldigi, WSJTX, and flrig.

Sometimes it will connect and no problems.  Other times need to change permissions on the port using the command:  sudo chmod 777 /dev/tty/ACM0  this grants all rights to the port and seems to work better.  Currently figuring out how to write a udev rule for this and add it to the startup routine.

Other radio & PC setup is a regular PC running Debian 10 connected to a Kenwood TS-440SAT.  It does require the chmod 777 for the USB port to work properly.

Hope this helps.

73s
Chuck
KD9DVB


On Monday, August 24, 2020, 07:48:01 AM EDT, Dennis Blanchard via groups.io <k1ypp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:


Which radio? Also, in the rig configuration, are you using Rigcat or Riglib? Is this on Windows or Linux? More info is obviously needed.

Dennis, K1YPP



--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


VK2AHB
 

I was having problems with Pat Menu, getting error trying to connect to 127.0.0.1, so I did that.
sudo usermod -G dialout pi

The next time I tried to connect with VNC, I got 'Access is denied'.

Paul VK2AHB


Charles Albert
 

The radio is an ICOM IC737, Signalink sound card, running fldigi on the pi 3B+, shows /dev/ttyS0, perhaps /dev/ttyS0 neds to change?


David Ranch
 


This thread is rather confusing as Charle's original issue was about his Signalink not keying up the radio and other people chimed in with different setups which muddied the waters.   Signalink's don't offer any rig control and don't use serial ports like /dev/ttyS0.

For Signalink sound devices, the device's ability to key up the radio is based on the application using the correct sound device and the audio levels being strong enough to have the Signalink auto-assert the PTT LED on the little box.

--David
KI6ZHD


On 08/25/2020 07:22 AM, Charles Albert wrote:
The radio is an ICOM IC737, Signalink sound card, running fldigi on the pi 3B+, shows /dev/ttyS0, perhaps /dev/ttyS0 neds to change?


jcusick
 

The first step is definitely make sure the user running fldigi is in the dialout group. After that, troubleshoot as needed.


David Ranch
 


This user is using a Signalink therefore there is no rig control nor any dedicated PTT signalling required.  Because of this, there is no need to discuss "dialout" group permissions.

--David
KI6ZHD


On 08/26/2020 08:34 AM, jcusick wrote:
The first step is definitely make sure the user running fldigi is in the dialout group. After that, troubleshoot as needed.