Topics

Fldigi on Pi4 after update and upgrade

Walter

I am running flidigi 4.1.14, flamp 2.2.04, Flrig 1.3.51 on my Pi4B with TS 2000

I has been a while since I did an update and upgrade on my Pi4 so i did that last night.  Now when I hit my Macro it begins to TX and as it starts to send the text inserted in the TX window by the macro disappears and the software just keys the rig and sends the fldigi 4/250 carrier but the text quickly disappeared.

There does not appear to be anything in the macro to cause this behavior.

I tried typing text in the TX window and when I right click and hit transmit the text disappears as soon as Fldigi starts to TX.

What would cause this strange behavior?

--
In Christ, Until He Come, Perhaps Today . . .
73

Walter

I corrected this problem by rolling back to Fldigi version 4.1.12  It works perfectly.  There is a problem in Fldigi 4.1.14 on the Pi4B.  Once it is corrected I will try running it again.
--
In Christ, Until He Come, Perhaps Today . . .
73
Walter Huyck
W9KJO

Walter

Thought I had this correct by rolling back but not so.

About have the time when I click on the macro, the text appears in the Send window and as it sends the TXID the send window will clear all on its own and Fldigi will send a plain carrier.  this is in Contestia 4/150.

I dont see a group for Fldigi on the Pi4 just for windows.  is there a better group to post on Fldigi on the Pi4?

--
In Christ, Until He Come, Perhaps Today . . .
73
Walter Huyck
W9KJO

Mark Griffith

Unfortunately, you have been caught by the process of doing an Linux update/upgrade.  This is a problem with open-sourced software in that you don't know what changes are made to what software packages during an upgrade.  It's also unfortunate that going back to a configuration from before the upgrade is very difficult to do, if possible at all.

This is the reason why you should take a backup image of your SD card before doing an upgrade.  Sorry, I know this doesn't help you now.

You best options would be either download the development source code for FLDIGI, compile that, and see if it fixes your problem, or re-install the previous version of Raspbian and FLDIGI and see if you can get it working there.  If that works, do some updates/upgrades with caution.  Make sure to do regular backups of the entire OS image onto a disk file.

Using the packages that can be installed via the apt-get process will not give you the very latest application software, but it has been tested with the existing versions of Raspbian.

And let me express again the absolute necessity of doing backups before you install any software updates or upgrades to prevent painting yourself into a corner.  This is especially important with Linux but still also applies to Windows.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Thursday, August 27, 2020, 7:26:06 AM CDT, Walter <w9kjo@...> wrote:

Thought I had this correct by rolling back but not so.

About have the time when I click on the macro, the text appears in the Send window and as it sends the TXID the send window will clear all on its own and Fldigi will send a plain carrier.  this is in Contestia 4/150.

I dont see a group for Fldigi on the Pi4 just for windows.  is there a better group to post on Fldigi on the Pi4?

--
In Christ, Until He Come, Perhaps Today . . .
73
Walter Huyck
W9KJO

Walter

I realized about 30 minutes ago that I did make a backup SD card of my working image a year ago and have the image also saved on my PC hard drive.  Put the old image back in and the problem is now gone, at least so far.

Now I'm hesitant to upgrade to the latest FLDIGI.  This image is 4.1.08.

At least I back to a stable ad reliable transmit.
--
In Christ, Until He Come, Perhaps Today . . .
73
Walter Huyck
W9KJO

DavidC KD4E

You might try linuxham@groups.io for RPi 4 fldigi support.

If not there - they'll direct you to a more helpful group.

KD4E

Bob Bennett

I had this problem upgrading WSJTX on my raspberry pi. The solution was to uninstall the old version first

Bob nz2z

Mike Carletta

Bob,
Thank you so much for sharing info on your solution to upgrading wsjt x to 2.2.2 on Raspberry Pi 4 ,
I had the same problem and will try your solution.

Mike
K2OI