Direwolf Kissattach Buster vs Stretch

km4ack

After starting direwolf (direwolf -p), direwolf creates a symlink (/tmp/kisstnc) that points to /dev/pts/X where x is a number that can vary.

In the past on Stretch, I have been able kissattach to this symlink using sudo /usr/sbin/kissattach /tmp/kisstnc and then the port name defined in axports. On Buster however, when I call the symlink I get a permission denied. If I call /dev/pts/X it works. Has anyone else noticed this change or does anyone know how to fix it or what I am missing.

73, de KM4ACK

JJ

add yourself to the "dialout" group yet?

On 12/3/19 8:07 PM, km4ack wrote:
After starting direwolf (direwolf -p), direwolf creates a symlink (/tmp/kisstnc) that points to /dev/pts/X where x is a number that can vary.

In the past on Stretch, I have been able kissattach to this symlink using sudo /usr/sbin/kissattach /tmp/kisstnc and then the port name defined in axports. On Buster however, when I call the symlink I get a permission denied. If I call /dev/pts/X it works. Has anyone else noticed this change or does anyone know how to fix it or what I am missing.

73, de KM4ACK

km4ack

Yes. pi is in the dialout group

73, de KM4ACK

Mike Lussier - AE4ML

A little late to the party here, but I have run into this on 2 Pi's and no success. yes Dialout is one of my groups.

k9dvl

My wife got me a SunFounder 10.1 touch screen monitor for Father's day. I have added a Raspberry pi 4 8gb to it, and I am happy with it. The monitor board has a connector stereo speakers. If anyone has the SunFounder where can I get female connector. Sorry for the post. Thanks for any information.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone

Have you tried https://www.sunfounder.com/ or any of the many suppliers of R Pis and associated bits. It looks like a standard 0.1" header.

On 15/10/2021 08:54 k9dvl <k9dvl@comcast.net> wrote:

My wife got me a SunFounder 10.1 touch screen monitor for Father's day. I have added a Raspberry pi 4 8gb to it, and I am happy with it. The monitor board has a connector stereo speakers. If anyone has the SunFounder where can I get female connector. Sorry for the post. Thanks for any information.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions tel +1-937-971-0366
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel@ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net

David Ranch

Please don't hijack someone else's thread for something COMPLETELY non-related.  Please create your own NEW thread to discuss.