Topics

Direwolf Kissattach Buster vs Stretch

km4ack

After starting direwolf (direwolf -p), direwolf creates a symlink (/tmp/kisstnc) that points to /dev/pts/X where x is a number that can vary.

In the past on Stretch, I have been able kissattach to this symlink using sudo /usr/sbin/kissattach /tmp/kisstnc and then the port name defined in axports. On Buster however, when I call the symlink I get a permission denied. If I call /dev/pts/X it works. Has anyone else noticed this change or does anyone know how to fix it or what I am missing.

73, de KM4ACK

JJ

add yourself to the "dialout" group yet?

On 12/3/19 8:07 PM, km4ack wrote:
After starting direwolf (direwolf -p), direwolf creates a symlink (/tmp/kisstnc) that points to /dev/pts/X where x is a number that can vary.

In the past on Stretch, I have been able kissattach to this symlink using sudo /usr/sbin/kissattach /tmp/kisstnc and then the port name defined in axports. On Buster however, when I call the symlink I get a permission denied. If I call /dev/pts/X it works. Has anyone else noticed this change or does anyone know how to fix it or what I am missing.

73, de KM4ACK

km4ack

Yes. pi is in the dialout group

73, de KM4ACK