compile from source

Jay Lijoi

Good evening,

I have been trying to compile TQSL 2.6.1 from the tar.
To date, I have failed.

Is there a "step-by-step" procedure available somewhere?

--
Jay
WB2QQJ

David Ranch

On 05/12/2022 04:02 PM, Jay Lijoi wrote:
Good evening,

I have been trying to compile TQSL 2.6.1 from the tar.
To date, I have failed.

Is there a "step-by-step" procedure available somewhere?

--
Jay
WB2QQJ

Jay Lijoi

Thanks Dave, I have tried all of these. I thought this would work, but no joy:

"Has anyone tried this easy way that I use on the Raspberry Pi?

tar -zxvf tqsl-2.5.9.tar.gz
cd tqsl-2.5.9

sudo apt-get install cmake

Then:

Enable source repository deb-src or what ever source is needed for your distribution
sudo apt update
sudo apt build-dep trustedqsl

export LIB_SUFFIX=""
cmake .
make
sudo make install"
--
Jay
WB2QQJ

Jay Lijoi

I can apt install 2.5.7, but for some reason gridtrscker can't deal with it. Also, when I try to access a wsjtx log to upload, it can't navigate to the folder holding the adi file. Maybe it's a permission thing?
--
Jay
WB2QQJ

David Ranch

Is there a reason why you cannot use the TQSL version available from the repos?

$ apt-cache madison trustedqsl
trustedqsl |    2.5.7-1 | http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian bullseye/main armhf Packages

If you must compile you're own version to address some specific bug, please copy/paste in the failing command and the errors you're seeing.

--David

On 05/12/2022 05:31 PM, Jay Lijoi wrote:
Thanks Dave, I have tried all of these. I thought this would work, but no joy:

"Has anyone tried this easy way that I use on the Raspberry Pi?

tar -zxvf tqsl-2.5.9.tar.gz
cd tqsl-2.5.9

sudo apt-get install cmake

Then:

Enable source repository deb-src or what ever source is needed for your distribution
sudo apt update
sudo apt build-dep trustedqsl

export LIB_SUFFIX=""
cmake .
make
sudo make install"
--
Jay
WB2QQJ

Jay Lijoi

OK, I installed 2.5.7 and used this to redirect:

ln -s /home/pi/.local/share/WSJT-X/wsjtx_log.adi /home/pi/Documents/RadioLogs/wsjtx_log.adi

This works, but I still don't understand why TQSL can't access the log in .local directly?

--
Jay
WB2QQJ