Topics

CAT Control difficulty with IC7300

Ron McCall

I have run into a problem with my new Raspberry Pi 4 and WSJT-X.  Just got the Raspberry.  Trying to set up WSJT-X, making all the configuration selections the same as what I have on my Windows laptop.  Both are running the latest version of WSJT-X.  When I try to test the CAT function on the Raspberry, it will put the IC-7300 into Transmit mode, but will not release it.  I have to shut off the radio to get it to stop transmitting.  I don’t know what I’m missing.
The Raspberry version of WSJT will read and decode incoming signals, but will not read the frequency, but will not let me change bands with the computer, and I cannot respond to CQs.
I’d appreciate any help.  I’m not new to computers, but I am new to Raspberry.

Lloyd Mitchell

This may be silly but could RF be getting back into the PI?  Try a few Toroid On the USB line.. also try lowering the power to see if anything changes.

KO4Lloyd

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 10:32 PM Ron McCall <rnrtaf@...> wrote:
I have run into a problem with my new Raspberry Pi 4 and WSJT-X.  Just got the Raspberry.  Trying to set up WSJT-X, making all the configuration selections the same as what I have on my Windows laptop.  Both are running the latest version of WSJT-X.  When I try to test the CAT function on the Raspberry, it will put the IC-7300 into Transmit mode, but will not release it.  I have to shut off the radio to get it to stop transmitting.  I don’t know what I’m missing.
The Raspberry version of WSJT will read and decode incoming signals, but will not read the frequency, but will not let me change bands with the computer, and I cannot respond to CQs.
I’d appreciate any help.  I’m not new to computers, but I am new to Raspberry.

Ron McCall

That’s a thought.  I simply pulled the USB cable out of the Dell, and put it in the Raspberry.  So, no problem on the laptop, and it has a torroid on it now.  I’ll take a look at power level tmrw.