Topics

APRS-IS passes weather, RF does not

Bill WA4OPQ

When I put my new RasPi/TNC-Pi9K6 digipeater on APRS-IS it sends the beacons with the weather.

If I shut off the internet port it still sends the first half with location, (over RF), but the weather portion disappears.

I'm still in the troubleshooting process, but I thought I'd put this here in case someone has experienced it and can save me grief.

I'm using YAAC and have fully reinstalled it. IFR says my dev is 3.5KHz   Radio is a new Leixen VV-898S  Next step is to swap TNCs

Thanks!

Mat Murdock

Where does the information for the weather come from?

Mat

Bill WA4OPQ

From WeeWx via wxnow.txt

Brian Webster

Do you need to configure a separate beacon for the WX data? It might also be possible that the software has a limitation on how often you can send a WX beacon compared to a regular beacon. I know the recommendation over RF for weather data is nor more than every 15 minutes. Logic being weather data does not change that much to justify congesting the channel with large wx data packets. On the IS it’s not a problem. So it makes me wonder if that is not coded into the software. Try creating a separate WX beacon and making it go out at a slower rate? It might also be good to restrict the path of that particular beacon if the goal is to just show it local and/or get it to the internet.

Brian N2KGC