Topics

8Gb RPI4 info...

N5XMT

I wish I still had my Commodore 64

On Jun 9, 2020, at 10:39, Allen <alhiggins@...> wrote:
Lawrence,
  Motorola 6502, now you are dating your self. I remember the Commadore that blew away the performance of the IBM because IBM had sloppy programming and multi platforming chips.  LOL...

--
Allen Higgins
Brunswick, Ohio

Lawrence Macionski

Dave ---and others eavesdropping.

I did a linux thing (BSD,RED HAT, DEBIAN, others I can't remember) once with UBUNTU and a HP compaq dual core surplus workstation you can buy stateside for under $100 delivered to your door. and no matter what, the HP integrated video and UBUNTU didn't jive with each other. Nothing but problems.

Now since then, 2 years later, I basically loaded Linux MINT on the same machine. for no other reason than to read Raspberry PI SD cards, and play with some astronomy programs. I can handle command line linux just fine.  I really found MINT linux the easiest linux distro I've used.. I may even consider using it to replace my Windows Home Server 2011 which Microsoft quit supporting when they found at $50 for the machine builders copy, it really was essentially a 10-12 client Windows Server 2008R2 and could handle a small law office /doctors office/ insurance office or small business  at much less than real Microsoft Server licensing costs.

So given all the flavors of Linux and Windoze... I'm happiest with MINT and W7Ultimate...or 2000progessional.. I do have a later build fo W10 on a machine and it's much better than when W10 first came out.. I have concluded the EVIL Empire  can offer no shining light -- it's a lost cause and your soul will burn in hell forever. It will be forever taunted by the good guys, the rebel forces, who will continue to drive X fighters up it's bong hole. on a regular basis. Joe and Sally six pack every few years will go out and buy a new computer because Darth vapor says you have to or else.. I need mo- money!!

Question has anyone with Windows 7 receive a "Microsoft Update" that looks like it's coming for Microsoft.  We were told there are no longer updates.. Tt's even in UPDATE -CONTROL PANEL- it blows away the boot block... Turn off auto updates..I believe it's:
"2020-01 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4534310)"
Download size: 314.4 MB
You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
Update type: Important
A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.
More information:
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4534310
Help and Support:
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4534310