To buy a Pi #raspberrypi

Aaron K5ATG

Is there a place where you can buy a RPI 4 that is just the RPI itself? I just want the RPI and don't wish to pay for a bunch of extra stuff that I don't need.

N5XMT

On Dec 11, 2021, at 11:11, "Aaron K5ATG via groups.io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>k5atg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a place where you can buy a RPI 4 that is just the RPI itself? I just want the RPI and don't wish to pay for a bunch of extra stuff that I don't need.

Larry AC8YE

Since you're in the US, one choice is Micro Center https://www.microcenter.com/ who has "bare" RPi 4bs.  I bought 2ea from my local store (Columbus, OH), but they do mail orders.

Larry AC8YE

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 2:14 PM N5XMT <dacooley@...> wrote:
On Dec 11, 2021, at 11:11, "Aaron K5ATG via groups.io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>k5atg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a place where you can buy a RPI 4 that is just the RPI itself? I just want the RPI and don't wish to pay for a bunch of extra stuff that I don't need.

Jeff

I usually buy my boards fro Adafruit

https://www.adafruit.com/product/4295

Jeff
WX7OR

Ken Curtis

If you use the link sent below, and click on "Buy Now", you are directed to a bunch of resellers, so it appears that they do not sell the Raspberry Pi themselves.

Ken    KC3ROF

On 12/11/2021 2:14 PM, N5XMT wrote:
On Dec 11, 2021, at 11:11, "Aaron K5ATG via groups.io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>k5atg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a place where you can buy a RPI 4 that is just the RPI itself? I just want the RPI and don't wish to pay for a bunch of extra stuff that I don't need.

N5XMT

Thank you.  Forgot to add that.  Had just woken up LOL

On Dec 11, 2021, at 15:15, "Ken Curtis via groups.io" <verizon.net@groups.io target=_blank>kcurtis51=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

If you use the link sent below, and click on "Buy Now", you are directed to a bunch of resellers, so it appears that they do not sell the Raspberry Pi themselves.

Ken    KC3ROF

On 12/11/2021 2:14 PM, N5XMT wrote:

Ken Curtis

Actually, in trying all provided links, it appears that all are either SOLD OUT, or just not selling the RPi anymore, other than the 2GB version on Adafruit. Microcenter only lists a full starter kit, which is currently SOLD OUT, no bare bones RPi4B's! I am a frequent customer of Amazon, and they are getting difficult to find even there! I see a 4GB version listed for $112.95, which is really HIGH $$, especially when they also list a Canakit full 4GB starter kit (including case, power supply with external switch, 32GB MicroSD card with NOOBS, fan, etc.) for $129.99, and the 8GB model for $40 more (but it has a 128GB SD card!). Canakit is probably the highest rated for quality components. The Canakit also includes a neat little USB adapter for the SD card, so you can plug it directly into a USB port on your PC, or the Pi itself! I have purchased 2 of these kits over the past year, and have found the quality exceptional! But other than the Canakit, I have NOT found a Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB model ANYWHERE for sale, especially in bare format!

GOOD LUCK in your search!

Ken    KC3ROF

On 12/11/2021 7:51 PM, N5XMT wrote:
Thank you.  Forgot to add that.  Had just woken up LOL

On Dec 11, 2021, at 15:15, "Ken Curtis via groups.io" <verizon.net@groups.io target=_blank>kcurtis51=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

If you use the link sent below, and click on "Buy Now", you are directed to a bunch of resellers, so it appears that they do not sell the Raspberry Pi themselves.

Ken    KC3ROF

On 12/11/2021 2:14 PM, N5XMT wrote:

Ken Curtis

Oops! SORRY! One omission! I did find on Amazon a "LoveRPi 4GB with heatsinks" for $119.99.

My mistake!

Ken    KC3ROF

On 12/11/2021 2:20 PM, Larry AC8YE wrote:
Since you're in the US, one choice is Micro Center https://www.microcenter.com/ who has "bare" RPi 4bs.  I bought 2ea from my local store (Columbus, OH), but they do mail orders.

Larry AC8YE

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 2:14 PM N5XMT <dacooley@...> wrote:
On Dec 11, 2021, at 11:11, "Aaron K5ATG via groups.io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>k5atg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a place where you can buy a RPI 4 that is just the RPI itself? I just want the RPI and don't wish to pay for a bunch of extra stuff that I don't need.

Most are just sold out. The manufacturer can't get the bits.

Get BlueMail for Android (https://bluemail.me)

https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/

On Dec 11, 2021, at 11:11, "Aaron K5ATG via groups.io (http://groups.io)" < yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>k5atg=yahoo.com (http://yahoo.com)@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a place where you can buy a RPI 4 that is just the RPI itself? I just want the RPI and don't wish to pay for a bunch of extra stuff that I don't need.
Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions tel +1-937-971-0366
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel@ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net

Don Rolph

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 2:11 PM Aaron K5ATG via groups.io <k5atg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a place where you can buy a RPI 4 that is just the RPI itself? I just want the RPI and don't wish to pay for a bunch of extra stuff that I don't need.

AB1PH
Don Rolph

Canakit and Newark/element

Tadd --- Sent from Planet X

On Dec 11, 2021, at 2:26 PM, Jeffrey McKinnis via groups.io <jeffmckinnis@...> wrote:

I usually buy my boards fro Adafruit

https://www.adafruit.com/product/4295

Jeff
WX7OR

billth87

It appears that the RaspberryPi boards are still available in the UK, at least in one store:
https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b

But the second shop in the UK seems to be just as out of stock as the US shops
https://www.cytron.io/c-raspberry-pi/c-raspberry-pi-main-board/c-raspberry-pi-4

Canakit will let you buy one 4GB PI 4B for $45 or $58 including shipping.

I just ordered mine.  I think I might already have had an order for a 2 GB unit placed a couple of months ago at Adafruit that they still have not shipped me.  Everybody is seriously back.

Tadd --- Sent from Planet X

On Dec 11, 2021, at 11:50 PM, billth87 via groups.io <billth87@...> wrote:

It appears that the RaspberryPi boards are still available in the UK, at least in one store:
https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b

But the second shop in the UK seems to be just as out of stock as the US shops
https://www.cytron.io/c-raspberry-pi/c-raspberry-pi-main-board/c-raspberry-pi-4

Aaron K5ATG

Thank you sir