Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye has been released..


David Ranch
 

Hey Everyone,

If you didn't already hear, the Raspberry Pi Bullseye OS release is finally available:

   https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/raspberry-pi-os-debian-bullseye/


Some new items include:
   - GTK+3 based desktop
   - Mutter instead of OpenBox window manager for Pi's with 2GB RAM or more
   - New GUI notification system


Finally.. while not mentioned on the download page, there ARE 64bit OS images available as well:

   No GUI: https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_arm64/images/raspios_arm64-2021-11-08/
   Lite GUI: https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_lite_arm64/images/
   Full GUI: Nothing posted yet

--David
KI6ZHD


Jon Moran
 


 

What exactly does "No GUI has the GUI here" mean. Is it some new language?

On 10/11/2021 16:34 Jon Moran <jon@...> wrote:


No GUI has the GUI here!


Dave R
 

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021, 13:54 Nigel Gunn, G8IFF/W8IFF <nigel@...> wrote:
What exactly does "No GUI has the GUI here" mean. Is it some new language?


> On 10/11/2021 16:34 Jon Moran <jon@...> wrote:
>
>
> No GUI has the GUI here!
>






Tony
 

On 11/10/21 13:34, Jon Moran wrote:
No GUI has the GUI here! ...

What do it siggerfy?


Steve Spence
 

Nothing. It's nonsense verbiage. Yes, there is a new debian (bullseye), and a new raspberry pi OS based on it.

Steve Spence, KK4HFJ



On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 4:58 AM Tony via groups.io <ynotssor=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
On 11/10/21 13:34, Jon Moran wrote:
No GUI has the GUI here! ...

What do it siggerfy?


Steve Spence
 

unless he's trying to say that the "No GUI" distro (command line only) accidentally included the GUI interface. But he could have said that.

Steve Spence, KK4HFJ



On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 7:56 AM Steve Spence <greentrust@...> wrote:
Nothing. It's nonsense verbiage. Yes, there is a new debian (bullseye), and a new raspberry pi OS based on it.

Steve Spence, KK4HFJ



On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 4:58 AM Tony via groups.io <ynotssor=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
On 11/10/21 13:34, Jon Moran wrote:
No GUI has the GUI here! ...

What do it siggerfy?


N5XMT
 

I think the big point is the Raspberry Pi Foundation actually released a 64 bit OS that isn't Beta.  The link provided was the 64 bit version, not the standard 32 bit build of PiOS.  I'm running it now on 2 Pi Zero 2's, 2 Pi4B's, One 8g and one 4g, and a Pi CM4.
It's not "crippled" with missing drivers and incompatible graphics.

On Nov 10, 2021, at 20:57, Steve Spence <greentrust@...> wrote:
Nothing. It's nonsense verbiage. Yes, there is a new debian (bullseye), and a new raspberry pi OS based on it.

Steve Spence, KK4HFJ



On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 4:58 AM Tony via groups.io <ynotssor= yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
On 11/10/21 13:34, Jon Moran wrote:
No GUI has the GUI here! ...

What do it siggerfy?