I have a new to me Raspberry Pi board

vince kd7tww

Hello Group

I have a new to me Pi board. How do I check the specs of a RPi Board on the command line. I.E. Cpu, mem?

On top of the RPi board it just notes it's a Raspberry Pi 4B but does not say the amount of memory? Also, is there a pictorial (picture of different RPi's) displaying the different versions (Component layouts)?  TIA

--
73, de Vince KD7TWW
In what year did the FCC mandate the 1500 Watt PEP limit for amateur radio station

David Ranch

A few recommendations to run from the command line:

    free
      - This will show the amount of RAM populated, used (for programs and cache)

   cat /proc/cpuinfo
      - This will list the type and number of CPU cores

   bash <(wget -q -O - "http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/RPi/usr/local/bin/review-rpi-cpu.sh")
      - This will download a script I put together to show lots of additional details specific to the Raspberry Pi

For different Rpi pictures, showing the differences, use a Internet search of "pictures of all raspberry pi models" will bring up many examples

On 10/29/2021 11:20 AM, vince kd7tww wrote:
Hello Group

I have a new to me Pi board. How do I check the specs of a RPi Board on the command line. I.E. Cpu, mem?

On top of the RPi board it just notes it's a Raspberry Pi 4B but does not say the amount of memory? Also, is there a pictorial (picture of different RPi's) displaying the different versions (Component layouts)?  TIA

Larry Dighera

Vince,

Give these commands a try:

lscpu
cpuinfo
cat /proc/cpuinfo
lshw

If you need to install any of those, try something like this

Apt-get update
apt-get <package name>

Best regards,
Larry
WB6BBB

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 12:20:15 -0600, "vince kd7tww" <vince@...> wrote:

I have a new to me Pi board. How do I check the specs of a RPi Board on
the command line. I.E. Cpu, mem?

Jon Moran

I'm done with this group

Dave R

Hey Vince, try pi-stats. Do you have a linux OS running on the subject device? 73

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021, 11:20 vince kd7tww <vince@...> wrote:
Hello Group

I have a new to me Pi board. How do I check the specs of a RPi Board on
the command line. I.E. Cpu, mem?

On top of the RPi board it just notes it's a Raspberry Pi 4B but does
not say the amount of memory? Also, is there a pictorial (picture of
different RPi's) displaying the different versions (Component layouts)?  TIA

--
73, de Vince KD7TWW
In what year did the FCC mandate the 1500 Watt PEP limit for amateur radio station
power output? - Motorola Corp was formally named
"Galvin Manufacturing Corporation" (1928–1947)

Kelly Keeton

Jon, there is a unsubscribe and mute topic button on the bottom of every email you receive if you were not aware how to properly exit the room.

Excuse typos and brevity, sent from a mobile device.

On Friday, October 29, 2021, 12:00 PM, Jon Moran <jon@...> wrote:

I'm done with this group

vince kd7tww

Group

Free, did it for me. Thanks loads! Case closed