Flex 1500 and Raspberry Pi4B #hardware

Bob <bobstohlman@...>

My WIn 8 machine I use for my Flex 1500 is about dead.  I'm interested in transitioning to Rasberry Pi.  Anyone using Raspberry Pi with a Flex 1500?

73
Bob K4RCG

A Pi4 or Pi400 should work. Main question should be whether you like the feel of whatever Linux software is available for that radio.
On 22/03/2021 08:49 Bob <bobstohlman@...> wrote:

My WIn 8 machine I use for my Flex 1500 is about dead.  I'm interested in transitioning to Rasberry Pi.  Anyone using Raspberry Pi with a Flex 1500?

73
Bob K4RCG

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions   tel +1-937-971-0366
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel@... www http://www.ngunn.net

Ed

If you learn of any Linux software that will interface well with the Flex 1500, please post it here.  I am also interested in using a Pi to control a Flex 1500.
Thanks & 73,
Ed
N2BHD

Dave R

Wine on Linux is probably required for basic functions. 73

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 05:49 Bob <bobstohlman@...> wrote:
My WIn 8 machine I use for my Flex 1500 is about dead.  I'm interested in transitioning to Rasberry Pi.  Anyone using Raspberry Pi with a Flex 1500?

73
Bob K4RCG

Dave R

I have added the Fldigi group to your issue.  According to a Flex group it's a challenge. 73

Mike-VA3MW FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
January 14

@KK0U

Hi Jim

Thanks to the TCP/IP ports on the radio being available for any application, Linux operation is very doable.

Someone has to write it from the Linux community. However, to date, no one is interested in doing it (or, hasn't shared it).

How about you? Or maybe some of your Linux friends?

Mike va3mw

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 05:49 Bob <bobstohlman@...> wrote:
My WIn 8 machine I use for my Flex 1500 is about dead.  I'm interested in transitioning to Rasberry Pi.  Anyone using Raspberry Pi with a Flex 1500?

73
Bob K4RCG

Mark Griffith

I also have a Flex-1500.  The only software that works is PowerSDR and that is only available on Windows.

I have not heard of anyone trying to port it to Linux.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Monday, March 22, 2021, 7:49:17 AM CDT, Bob <bobstohlman@...> wrote:

My WIn 8 machine I use for my Flex 1500 is about dead.  I'm interested in transitioning to Rasberry Pi.  Anyone using Raspberry Pi with a Flex 1500?

73
Bob K4RCG

Mark Griffith

Besides PowerSDR, you would also need Virtual Audio Ports, Virtual Serial Ports, DDUtils, and possibly other software to make it work with any of the mode software like FLDIGI or WJTX.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 07:06 Dave R via groups.io <daverickmers=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have added the Fldigi group to your issue.  According to a Flex group it's a challenge. 73

Mike-VA3MW FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
January 14

@KK0U

Hi Jim

Thanks to the TCP/IP ports on the radio being available for any application, Linux operation is very doable.

Someone has to write it from the Linux community. However, to date, no one is interested in doing it (or, hasn't shared it).

How about you? Or maybe some of your Linux friends?

Mike va3mw

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 05:49 Bob <bobstohlman@...> wrote:
My WIn 8 machine I use for my Flex 1500 is about dead.  I'm interested in transitioning to Rasberry Pi.  Anyone using Raspberry Pi with a Flex 1500?

73
Bob K4RCG

Dave Wade

I have added the Fldigi group to your issue.  According to a Flex group it's a challenge. 73

Mike-VA3MW FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin

@KK0U

Hi Jim

Thanks to the TCP/IP ports on the radio being available for any application, Linux operation is very doable.

Someone has to write it from the Linux community. However, to date, no one is interested in doing it (or, hasn't shared it).

How about you? Or maybe some of your Linux friends?

Mike va3mw

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 05:49 Bob <bobstohlman@...> wrote:

My WIn 8 machine I use for my Flex 1500 is about dead.  I'm interested in transitioning to Rasberry Pi.  Anyone using Raspberry Pi with a Flex 1500?

73
Bob K4RCG

Bob <bobstohlman@...>

Tnx all for the replies.