Topics

Unable to compile #tnc

KN6FOA

I am unable to get the teensy code to compile in Arduino.  I even did a clean install of the Arduino software.  I followed the instructions, installed arduino, installed the addon, copied the files, etc.  When I go to build it complained about not having the Adafruit GFX library so I added it but now it complains about another thing.  This isn't my first Arduino project but I've never had problems like this before.  I guess I'm missing something.

<command-line>:0:18: warning: ISO C++11 requires whitespace after the macro name
In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Printable.h:25:0,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Print.h:39,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Stream.h:24,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/HardwareSerial.h:252,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/WProgram.h:46,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Arduino.h:6,
                 from C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\sketch\SM_Teensy.ino.cpp:1:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/new.h:41:6: warning: 'void operator delete(void*, size_t)' is a usual (non-placement) deallocation function in C++14 (or with -fsized-deallocation) [-Wc++14-compat]
 void operator delete(void * ptr, size_t size);
      ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/new.h:42:6: warning: 'void operator delete [](void*, size_t)' is a usual (non-placement) deallocation function in C++14 (or with -fsized-deallocation) [-Wc++14-compat]
 void operator delete[](void * ptr, size_t size);
      ^
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o: In function `i2c0_isr':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.cpp:912: multiple definition of `i2c0_isr'
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o:C:\Users\me\Downloads\HAM Radio\TeensyProjects\libraries\TeensyConfig/i2c_t3.cpp:1387: first defined here
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o: In function `Print::availableForWrite()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.h:133: multiple definition of `i2c1_isr'
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o:C:\Users\me\Downloads\HAM Radio\TeensyProjects\libraries\TeensyConfig/i2c_t3.h:921: first defined here
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o: In function `Print::availableForWrite()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.h:133: multiple definition of `Wire1'
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o:C:\Users\me\Downloads\HAM Radio\TeensyProjects\libraries\TeensyConfig/i2c_t3.h:921: first defined here
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: size of symbol `Wire1' changed from 20 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o to 108 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.h:133: multiple definition of `Wire'
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: size of symbol `Wire' changed from 20 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o to 108 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.

John G8BPQ

The programs compile ok here using Arduino 1.8.9 and Teensyduino 1.47.

It may be something has changed in the latest versions - I suggest you try with the versions I'm using.

John G8BPQ

On 31/10/2020 00:51, mskurnik@... wrote:
I am unable to get the teensy code to compile in Arduino.  I even did a clean install of the Arduino software.  I followed the instructions, installed arduino, installed the addon, copied the files, etc.  When I go to build it complained about not having the Adafruit GFX library so I added it but now it complains about another thing.  This isn't my first Arduino project but I've never had problems like this before.  I guess I'm missing something.

<command-line>:0:18: warning: ISO C++11 requires whitespace after the macro name
In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Printable.h:25:0,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Print.h:39,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Stream.h:24,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/HardwareSerial.h:252,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/WProgram.h:46,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Arduino.h:6,
                 from C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\sketch\SM_Teensy.ino.cpp:1:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/new.h:41:6: warning: 'void operator delete(void*, size_t)' is a usual (non-placement) deallocation function in C++14 (or with -fsized-deallocation) [-Wc++14-compat]
 void operator delete(void * ptr, size_t size);
      ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/new.h:42:6: warning: 'void operator delete [](void*, size_t)' is a usual (non-placement) deallocation function in C++14 (or with -fsized-deallocation) [-Wc++14-compat]
 void operator delete[](void * ptr, size_t size);
      ^
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o: In function `i2c0_isr':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.cpp:912: multiple definition of `i2c0_isr'
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o:C:\Users\me\Downloads\HAM Radio\TeensyProjects\libraries\TeensyConfig/i2c_t3.cpp:1387: first defined here
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.h:133: multiple definition of `i2c1_isr'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.h:133: multiple definition of `Wire1'
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: size of symbol `Wire1' changed from 20 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o to 108 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.h:133: multiple definition of `Wire'
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: size of symbol `Wire' changed from 20 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o to 108 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.

KN6FOA

I think it is one of the dependencies...not sure what is going on.  I'm trying to reflash it to work on i2c as I want 2 attached to my pi to do HF and VHF.