Topics

Wires-X


Rick Wysocki
 

Is there any way to run Yaesu Wires-X software on a RP4? Thanks in advance.


Chuck M
 

Did a quick search and found several articles and such for doing this.  Here's one that looks promising.  You'll need to do some more research but looks like it is doable.


Chuck
KD9DVB


On Friday, October 2, 2020, 8:21:10 PM EDT, <rlwysocki@...> wrote:


Is there any way to run Yaesu Wires-X software on a RP4? Thanks in advance.


Rick Wysocki
 

Thanks!


Rick Wysocki
 

Thank you!


On Oct 2, 2020, at 8:55 PM, Chuck M via groups.io <cam51mail@...> wrote:


Did a quick search and found several articles and such for doing this.  Here's one that looks promising.  You'll need to do some more research but looks like it is doable.


Chuck
KD9DVB


On Friday, October 2, 2020, 8:21:10 PM EDT, <rlwysocki@...> wrote:


Is there any way to run Yaesu Wires-X software on a RP4? Thanks in advance.


Pierre Martel
 

I had some pretty good luck running windows software with wine. 

But not that much experience with raspberry pi as most of the time I was using a real PC to run linux.
I don't know if x86 emulation is even possible. But that would be the only way I see it. Unless you are using a Raspberry pi4 and run windows directly on it. 

You can try to do it. 


Le ven. 2 oct. 2020 à 20:18, <rlwysocki@...> a écrit :
Is there any way to run Yaesu Wires-X software on a RP4? Thanks in advance.


David Ranch
 


Yaesu's WiresX program is a Windows only program built for X86 machines.  While there *are* X86 emulators for ARM processors (Raspberry Pi), the performance is pretty terrible for real time processing like VOIP programs like this.  You will be far more successful using a small inexpensive PC running Windows.

It's also worth nothing that hotspots support the YSF remote nodes (OpenSpot, MMDVM hotspots, etc) don't connect you to WiresX rooms.  They are something similar but on a different network.

--David
KI6ZHD



On 10/02/2020 07:14 PM, Pierre Martel wrote:
I had some pretty good luck running windows software with wine. 

But not that much experience with raspberry pi as most of the time I was using a real PC to run linux.
I don't know if x86 emulation is even possible. But that would be the only way I see it. Unless you are using a Raspberry pi4 and run windows directly on it. 

You can try to do it. 


Le ven. 2 oct. 2020 à 20:18, <rlwysocki@...> a écrit :
Is there any way to run Yaesu Wires-X software on a RP4? Thanks in advance.


Rick Wysocki
 

Thank you!


On Oct 2, 2020, at 11:09 PM, David Ranch <rpi4hamradio-groupsio@...> wrote:


Yaesu's WiresX program is a Windows only program built for X86 machines.  While there *are* X86 emulators for ARM processors (Raspberry Pi), the performance is pretty terrible for real time processing like VOIP programs like this.  You will be far more successful using a small inexpensive PC running Windows.

It's also worth nothing that hotspots support the YSF remote nodes (OpenSpot, MMDVM hotspots, etc) don't connect you to WiresX rooms.  They are something similar but on a different network.

--David
KI6ZHD



On 10/02/2020 07:14 PM, Pierre Martel wrote:
I had some pretty good luck running windows software with wine. 

But not that much experience with raspberry pi as most of the time I was using a real PC to run linux.
I don't know if x86 emulation is even possible. But that would be the only way I see it. Unless you are using a Raspberry pi4 and run windows directly on it. 

You can try to do it. 


Le ven. 2 oct. 2020 à 20:18, <rlwysocki@...> a écrit :
Is there any way to run Yaesu Wires-X software on a RP4? Thanks in advance.