Topics

QtSoundmodem

John Wiseman

I've found that QtSoundmodem had quite  a bad memory leak and wouldn't run for more than a few days without running out of memory. I've fixed this, and although there is still a slight leak which I'm trying to track down it should be more stable. There are a few other minor changes and bug fixes.

I've uploaded the usual x86 and pi versions to my Beta site (http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/Beta/?C=M;O=D_) along with an Intel Linux 64 bit build and appimages for the three Linux versions. Appimages combine the program will all needed libraries and are pretty big but save you having to install any dependencies and may run on more systems.

If you haven't heard of QtSoundModem see https://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/QtSoundModem.html

73,
John G8BPQ

John Wiseman

I've uploaded a new set of QtSoundModem files, including source. Recent changes are:

  Add option to run modems in separate threads. This may be an advantage when running on a Pi3 or Pi4 with two modems.
  Fix timing problem with AGW connect at startup. This could cause a problem if the host program connected too quickly
  Add Memory ARQ
  Add Single bit "Correction". I still don't like this, but if you want to risk it you can.
  Add "KISS Optimisations" Option. This will try to remove extra RR frames that can be generated if resptime is too short.

73,
John