Topics

YAAC Error

Don Poaps

Yaac failed to set up even though  I see a Yaac Client in the Ham Radio > Yaac. It doesn't start or run from Gui or Terminal.
I went added YAAC from Source unzipping the Folder already created into YAAC. This is the error I'm getting.

Error: Unable to access jarfile YAAC.jar

I got Xastir working with my Mobilink TNC3. However, the Fonts are very hard to see. I've been looking for a way to change.

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...
Subject://wl2k

Mark J Culross

Don:

I experienced the same font size problem when I built up a standalone APRS tracker running Xastir on the RPi, displaying on the 800x600 RPi touchscreen display.

Here's the quick skinny on how I ended up configuring the font:

In Xastir:
- Click on “File” from the menu bar
- Click “Configure” from the pulldown
- Click “Fonts” from the pulldown
- Change the “Menu Font” to “-*-courier-*-*-*-*-*-72-*-*-*-*-*-*”
- NOTE: since this font setting affects both the size of the menu text and
the size of the road labels, this is a compromise to keep the menus
from being too large (keeping you from accessing every item in some
of the pulldowns), while still allowing the road sizes to be somewhat
readable
- Click the “OK” button to save the Fonts configuration
- Close Xastir & restart it to activate the new fonts

Hope that helps . . .

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 8:00:59 PM CDT, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

Yaac failed to set up even though  I see a Yaac Client in the Ham Radio > Yaac. It doesn't start or run from Gui or Terminal.
I went added YAAC from Source unzipping the Folder already created into YAAC. This is the error I'm getting.

Error: Unable to access jarfile YAAC.jar

I got Xastir working with my Mobilink TNC3. However, the Fonts are very hard to see. I've been looking for a way to change.

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

Don Poaps

Mark

The ability to change the fonts seems be to greyed out.

I didn't see anything on the website

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:43 PM Mark J Culross <kd5rxt@...> wrote:
[...]

Bill WA4OPQ

That error is usually because you are not in the right directory. If you have the YAAC directory then it's: cd YAAC  and then:  java -jar YAAC.jar

Don Poaps

Bill

I cd YAAC
pi@raspberrypi:~/YAAC $ java -jar YAAC.jar
Error: Unable to access jarfile YAAC.jar
pi@raspberrypi:~/YAAC $

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 8:36 PM Bill WA4OPQ <wa4opq@...> wrote:
That error is usually because you are not in the right directory. If you have the YAAC directory then it's: cd YAAC  and then:  java -jar YAAC.jar

Clark Martin

Did you confirm the YAAC is in that folder.
ie.
cd YAAC
ls

you should see YAAC.jar

IIRC YAAC creates a YAAC directory in the users folder to hold tiles and such.

Clark Martin
KK6ISP

On May 28, 2020, at 9:02 PM, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

Bill

I cd YAAC
pi@raspberrypi:~/YAAC $ java -jar YAAC.jar
Error: Unable to access jarfile YAAC.jar
pi@raspberrypi:~/YAAC $ _._,_._,_

Don Poaps

That was it. Unzipped created /home/pi/YAAC/YAAC The jars were in this directory. I copied the files, directories over /home/pi/YAAC and this command java -jar YAAC.jar.

It started.

Thank You

73 back to the PI
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 12:14 AM Clark Martin <kk6isp@...> wrote:
Did you confirm the YAAC is in that folder.
ie.
cd YAAC
ls

you should see YAAC.jar

IIRC YAAC creates a YAAC directory in the users folder to hold tiles and such.

Clark Martin
KK6ISP

On May 28, 2020, at 9:02 PM, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

Bill

I cd YAAC
pi@raspberrypi:~/YAAC $ java -jar YAAC.jar
Error: Unable to access jarfile YAAC.jar
pi@raspberrypi:~/YAAC $

Bill WA4OPQ

BTW:

There is an excellent YAAC users group, the author is active there.

https://groups.io/g/yaac-users/topics

Don Poaps

I got a work around. I manually down loaded YAAC.zip and moved the contents to /home/pi/YAAC. Use that jar.jat command. It started

It seems when the script originally ran. It only created the directory and just left an icon. No jar files.

73

Don va7dgp