Topics

FT-891 way to sense xmit when using cat? #flrig

Randon Loeb

When using flrig is there some way for external hardware/software to know if the radio is transmitting or that PTT is pressed (virtually)?

Or maybe instead of getting that answer from the software, would the radio's physical PTT lines be read as low when flrig sends the xmit command?

Reason I'm asking is I'd like to use an rtl-sdr dongle with the pi as well to have a panadapter running, but I need to send the antenna splitter a signal to cut the feed to the dongle when the radio is transmitting. If I was keying a mic I could just tap the ptt button line, but I'm not sure what to do when the radio is sent that command with flrig.

Is there some kind of pipeline/filter in the flrig software I can tap into to see what commands are being sent to the rig? Figure then I could use a gpio pin on the pi to tell the antenna switch what to do.

Hopefully I'm making sense and folks here have some ideas.
Thanks 73, Randy  KN4YRM

Mark Griffith

There is probably a way to do that by using the FLDIGI internal API, but I don't know for sure. You'd have to research the API and how it works.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Friday, May 15, 2020, 12:00:32 AM CDT, Randon Loeb <randonloeb18@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks will do.

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 5:04 AM Mark Griffith via groups.io <mdgriffith2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Jeff Townsend

The PTT should be available on the accessory connector on the back of the radio.

On May 15, 2020, at 10:22 AM, Randon Loeb <randonloeb18@...> wrote:

[...]

Seth Lavinder W8FG

Sorry I cannot quote specific instructions here but about a year ago I was playing around FT8 with a Pi3B and my FT-891 , For the money that FT-891 is a fantastic radio but what sucks is the menu configurations.  I had rig control USB line connected, and used a SignaLink USB audio interface.  Once I managed to dig my way through the menus I got it working.  Had FLDigi and all those loaded up.  Wish I had taken notes now.  But the whole problem stemmed around getting the radios USB-D (I think) configured correctly.

73 de Seth - W8FG